Heres a few online stores to give you an idea of pricing

https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=browse&id=31
http://www.onlinemusicstore.com.au/index.php?page=subcatDisplay&cat=GUITAR+GEAR

I was looking at an MI Audio Crunchbox. I has all the sounds i want, they are handbuilt in Australia (Which is a huge plus for me) and it has a few things that could be modded.
Plus i have heard that when used with the MI Audio Blues Pro it can get a pretty good metal tone (not that i really need or want that but i would like to have that tone at my disposal.)

Hows the bad monkey sound? (I have heard its great used as a boost pedal but i haven't heard much about its actual overdrive) I can get this for about $100-110 AUD so i could pick up some other **** while I'm there. Although I guess you get what you pay for

I am going some time this weekend to try a few pedals out. A few suggestions of what to try or what to avoid would be nice.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Dec 25, 2008,
BOSS SD-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, and Ibanez TS-9 are all great.

The TS-9 is time tested, having been used by greats such as James Hetfield of Metallica. However, It's a bit pricey.

The Bad Monkey is a fan-favorite around here, it might not float your boat though.

I have the BOSS, and it's a pretty good pedal. If you use the "Drive" knob, it gets a bit harsh, but as a boost, it gives a nice, chunky tone.
Quote by Beebaboo
BOSS SD-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, and Ibanez TS-9 are all great.

The TS-9 is time tested, having been used by greats such as James Hetfield of Metallica. However, It's a bit pricey.

The Bad Monkey is a fan-favorite around here, it might not float your boat though.

I have the BOSS, and it's a pretty good pedal. If you use the "Drive" knob, it gets a bit harsh, but as a boost, it gives a nice, chunky tone.

After owning a BOSS MetalZone I'm a little put off about buying BOSS pedals.I'l give it a try though, thanks for the suggestion.

The TS-9 is just out of my budget but I'll give it a go. If i like it I'l pawn my crap bass guitar (something I've been wanting to do for a while)
Don't let the Metal Zone put you off. It is crap, but the SD1 and the ML2 are great pedals.

The TS9 and Bad Monkey are the other 2 main ones you should be looking at. Any of those would be fine.