Page 1 of 2
well first of all my guitar is an RG1570 with an Edge Pro trem. i had it in standard tuning but i decided i really wanted to play 2 songs that really liked so i spent an hour adjusting the bridge for this new tuning and now i really don't feel like readjusting again to e standard so i ask you fellow UG'ers for some recommendations. anybody know any good songs in Dropped D flat? blues, hard rock, metal, numetal, whatever.
any help is greatly appreciated.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Anything by lamb of God. "Laid To Rest" and "11th Hour" are both great songs in my opinion. They're in Drop D, so it''ll sound close enough.
thanks, i'll check them out. anyone else got other songs?
so far the only songs in Dropped D Flat that' i'm aware of are Metalingus-Alter Bridge and Be quiet and drive- Deftones
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
anything by deftones except for stuff off of White Pony. anything by Nirvana from In Utero (well, not anything really...like half the album is in Drop Db, the other half in Eb), maybe Behemoth (they tune to C# standard, but drop Db/C# is good enough). anything my SikTh except for a few of their songs where they tune the E string to Ab. Protest the Hero's "Heretics and Killers", almost anything by Alice in Chains and that's about all that comes to mind right now.
i'm sure tom morello is a E standard only guy but i'll double check.
i also check out seether. do you guys know any songs in dropped D FLAT?
i know it's only a half step but i'm trying to play to it without it sounded to much out of tune

thanks for the input. keep em coming
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by RG_FANMAN
anything by deftones except for stuff off of White Pony. anything by Nirvana from In Utero (well, not anything really...like half the album is in Drop Db, the other half in Eb), maybe Behemoth (they tune to C# standard, but drop Db/C# is good enough). anything my SikTh except for a few of their songs where they tune the E string to Ab. Protest the Hero's "Heretics and Killers", almost anything by Alice in Chains and that's about all that comes to mind right now.

thanks i'll check out more deftones. i guess i could do E flat standard songs.
Paramore eh? i'll check them out, i don't mind trying anything new
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Most disturbed songs are in drop Db

Or look through here and see if you find something

drop C# as your tuning of course
Do you like Bagpipes?

Good for you

Quote by postmortem2006
Perfect metal stereotype;

If you have long hair, apparently your music goes RAGHHHHHRAGHRARGHRARGHHHHHHH.

Quote by SomebodySomeone
i'm sure tom morello is a E standard only guy but i'll double check.
i also check out seether. do you guys know any songs in dropped D FLAT?
i know it's only a half step but i'm trying to play to it without it sounded to much out of tune

thanks for the input. keep em coming

Tom used Eb and Drop Db around Evil Empire (for example, Bulls on Parade is in Eb). Tom uses several tunings suprisingly; standard, drop d, eb standard, drop Db and Drop B (BADGBE), in addition to I believe a double A (AADGBE) tuning for one song, but i'm not sure on the last one.
Lots of Deftones is Db, half of System of a Down... Converge is drop C, but close enough.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Hm, maybe just transpose songs in drop d down a half step or songs in drop C up a a half step?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Sorry you're not a winner by enter shikari
Is in drop d flat
Fun song to play.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by strings.of.fury
Most disturbed songs are in drop Db

Or look through here and see if you find something

drop C# as your tuning of course

holy ****! how the hell did i miss that?!?!? thanks bro
and thanks to everyone else to
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
lol it took me five minutes to tune to drop Db on my fixed bridge hahaha.... -Human (minus human) by Metallica is drop d flat (from S&M) and laid to rest by Lamb of God is too, maybe a pantera song out there aswell as dimebag tuned everything down half a step
Black Stone Cherry is an awesome choice! ^

Better - Guns N' Roses, I enjoy playing that too.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Most Seether and Saliva songs. Family Reunion by Saliva is my current project and is in Drop Db.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
BYOB-System of a Down
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
The Thing that Should not Be
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by ComradeIronMan
Drop B is B F# B E G# C#

actually the other guy is right if i remember correctly
the correct term for B F# B E G# C# i believe is "dropped d, one and a half step down"
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I'm pretty sure Sleeping With Siren's chief tuning is Db. The song If I'm James Dean then You're Audrey Hepburn is really fun

The Red by Chevelle, The Sinner by Memphis May Fire, a majority of System of a Down, Crushcrushcrush by Paramore and that's about all I got right now.
Quote by SomebodySomeone
thanks, i'll check them out. anyone else got other songs?
so far the only songs in Dropped D Flat that' i'm aware of are Metalingus-Alter Bridge and Be quiet and drive- Deftones

Most Alter Bridge is in Eb so all you'd have to do it raise up the e string a half step.
Quote by BucketHayden
lol it took me five minutes to tune to drop Db on my fixed bridge hahaha.... -Human (minus human) by Metallica is drop d flat (from S&M) and laid to rest by Lamb of God is too, maybe a pantera song out there aswell as dimebag tuned everything down half a step

Walk is in Db. That song is fun to play too.
Quote by ComradeIronMan
Anything by lamb of God. "Laid To Rest" and "11th Hour" are both great songs in my opinion. They're in Drop D, so it''ll sound close enough.
I know this is necrobumped, but before it's officially closed I just wanted to point out how much of a fail this is. No, you won't sound "close enough", you'll sound completely off-pitch and like a retard who wandered into the room.

Not gonna bother reporting since it's probably been done already.
most of norma jeans songs are. slayers album diabolus in musica(totally underrated). a few lamb of god songs off of wrath. a couple stonesour songs. a couple as i lay dying songs. a decent chunk of nirvana songs. some deftones. thats all i can remember right now, i used to experiment quit a bit with this tuning quite a bit before i settled on one.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Ian_the_fox
I know this is necrobumped, but before it's officially closed I just wanted to point out how much of a fail this is. No, you won't sound "close enough", you'll sound completely off-pitch and like a retard who wandered into the room.

Not gonna bother reporting since it's probably been done already.

Yeah you'll be a half step out, but 95% of people would be hard pressed to tell unless the album was playing with you.
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Seether, Puddle of Mudd, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, and Alice in Chains use that tuning a lot. Here are some songs I recommend:

Seether - Remedy
Puddle of Mudd - Blurry
Puddle of Mudd - Out Of My Head
Alter Bridge - Metalingus
Alter Bridge - Buried Alive
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
Alice in Chains - We Die Young
Page 1 of 2