Hello pit.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how my SAT scores are. I've researched a bit, and I can't really figure out how they are in the grand scheme of things.

Critical Reading - 570 72% percentile
Math - 490 41% percentile
Writing - 520 59% percentile
Multiple Choice 52 (score range: 20-80)
Essay 8 (score range: 2-12)

And how did everyone else score on theirs?
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
all i know is i got 84th percentile overall
member of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm silvertoness11 to join

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
In the beginning there was nothing...

...which exploded.

UG MISSLE SILO!
I don't remember off the top of my head what my scores were.... Except my overall percentile, which was 89% I do believe.

Oh, and I got 29 on a practice ACT if that helps. Aiming to get 32 or above....
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
It's about average, I think. They should be fine to get you into college, assuming your GPA is good.
Quote by BreakingBnj
Hello pit.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how my SAT scores are. I've researched a bit, and I can't really figure out how they are in the grand scheme of things.

I would tell you how well you did but you wouldn't be able to grasp the numbers I give you.
Ahhh!!!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I would tell you how well you did but you wouldn't be able to grasp the numbers I give you.

Is this just an excuse to post your scores? Really, they're not so good that you should brag.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
I got... Over 600 on all parts... As a freshman. I'm now a junior, haven't taken it since.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'

Well played, sir.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by BreakingBnj
Hello pit.

Pretty self explanatory

You did better than 72% of test takers in critical reading, 41% in math and 59% in the writing.

How do you compare in terms of college application? Probably not good enough for any top 50 ranked school.

For reference I scored a 1490 on the old SAT (and a 690 on the SATII writing), which would translate to about a 2200 on the new SAT and I got rejected from every top 10 school I applied to.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 25, 2008,
Depends on where you want to go to college.

In Georgia, our two top public schools require around a 1250 combined score of Math and Critical Reading (When I was applying for college, they didn't use the essay yet).

I scored a 1330 on those two sections combined and got in early to UGA...

But your scores should get you into most less competitive schools. Hope I helped.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Quote by al112987
Pretty self explanatory

You did better than 72% of test takers in critical reading, 41% in math and 59% in the writing.

How do you compare in terms of college application? Probably not good enough for any top 50 ranked school.

For reference I scored around a 2200, and I got rejected from every top 10 school I applied to.

Meh, i doubt that had anything to do with your SAT score. What was your GPA, and did you have many extra-curriculars?
Quote by Spamwise
Meh, i doubt that had anything to do with your SAT score. What was your GPA, and did you have many extra-curriculars?

I mean, I was a decent student, took two years of college courses while I was in HS, and took nothing but honors and AP courses my freshman and sophomore year of HS. I mean, I was always an A to A- student, and got the occasional B+. I didn't to a lot of ECs though. I mean, I played guitar? Did a few service projects here and there, etc.
Go to a Community College and then transfer. It's cheaper... and if you change your major early on then you won't have wasted a ridiculous amount of money. Community Colleges are pretty lenient about SAT scores, and if you do well at a school, your transfer school won't give you too much hassle.

I really think community college is just about the best choice out of highschool. It's like college with training wheels.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by I_Pwn
I think average is around 1700

Average is around 1500, actually.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Bushinarin
Go to a Community College and then transfer. It's cheaper... and if you change your major early on then you won't have wasted a ridiculous amount of money. Community Colleges are pretty lenient about SAT scores, and if you do well at a school, your transfer school won't give you too much hassle.

I really think community college is just about the best choice out of highschool. It's like college with training wheels.

yeah that route makes a lot of sense for some people, but overall I think the quality of your education at a cc doesn't quite compare to what you would get at a 'four year college'. if you're really struggling to get the money you need, that's a good idea, but overall I wouldn't suggest it. I would put the value of the experience of moving away from your home and out on your own and learning to be independent equal to learning the coursework. of course, you reap what you sow. CC's in cali don't require that you even take the SAT.

i got a 800 math, 750 writing, 700 reading.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by al112987
I mean, I was a decent student, took two years of college courses while I was in HS, and took nothing but honors and AP courses my freshman and sophomore year of HS. I mean, I was always an A to A- student, and got the occasional B+. I didn't to a lot of ECs though. I mean, I played guitar? Did a few service projects here and there, etc.

They probably check National Honors Society and other 'high and mighty' ECs... which is why I'm definitely not getting into the top 10.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
They probably check National Honors Society and other 'high and mighty' ECs... which is why I'm definitely not getting into the top 10.

Funny thing about NHS, it was very easy to be inducted at my school as we had a very small student body and my grades and ECs, etc. were all more than qualified, but I was simply too lazy to do the application. At the time I really had no idea that people actually made a big deal of it. Half of my class was inducted and plenty of them were mediocre. When my parents asked me why I wasn't a member and I told them b/c I didn't feel like doing the application they threw a ****fit and went on about how big a deal it is at normal HS. I know what you mean though, I was actually a pretty good student, I went to a HS on this really liberal college campus (it was an "academically advanced" HS), but opted to spend my time smoking pot than doing math club, science olympiad or anything like that.

Haha and then I got rejected from all the top 10 schools I applied to, though some of them I will admit that I had zero interest of going to (I have a hard time believing that people actually want to go places like University of Chicago, I don't care how many nobel laureates they've put out, I've never seen more neurotic, unhappier looking students before in my life). Oh were my parents ecstatic...
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 27, 2008,