Poll: Which version of the office do you like better and why?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which version of the office do you like better and why?
American
62 84%
Critish
12 16%
Voters: 74.
Page 1 of 2
Which version of the office do you like better British or American?

i know i accidently typed critish instead of british disregard that please.
Quote by Bennetts_strat
Yesterday a black transvestite in a top hat asked me for a cigarette.

That's London for you eh?

Last edited by Jake_422 at Dec 25, 2008,
British because it's not obvious American humour.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
They made a British version of The Office??????!!!!!

EDIT: Before I get flamed to no end, that was a joke.
Quote by BrockTandem
It's funny they make American versions of British shows so they can understand the jokes.
Different cultures find humor in different things. I don't think Canadians would find George Lopez' jokes about Mexican-American culture as hilarious as actual Mexican-Americans. The shows have very different humor. Of course British people don't have identical senses of humor as Americans do. The humor isn't simplified or anything along those lines. It's just different.
American, seen both.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I've seen both and although I like the British version, I do prefer the American more.

January 8th is going to take forever!
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
american, but it has apparently decided to never be funny again. this last season has been only slightly funnier than the british version, and thats not saying much.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by The Madcap
Different cultures find humor in different things. I don't think Canadians would find George Lopez' jokes about Mexican-American culture as hilarious as actual Mexican-Americans. The shows have very different humor. Of course British people don't have identical senses of humor as Americans do. The humor isn't simplified or anything along those lines. It's just different.

I guess I'm just worried that the proposed American version of Little Britain is going to be god awful.
Quote by Zugunruhe
american, but it has apparently decided to never be funny again. this last season has been only slightly funnier than the british version, and thats not saying much.
The 5th season has been a bit boring at times, but it's had some high moments. The 4th season also had its moments, but they tried way too hard, and some episodes really made me cringe.
I prefer the British version.

British Dwight > American Dwight
Last edited by blackflag49 at Dec 26, 2008,
American because it is the only country that matters. What the hell is Britain anyway? Sounds like some sort of fruit cake.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i've seen most of the british version and like it but prefer the american version by far.
When I was in Scotland a year ago, I was watching my cousins TV and a commercial came on saying "American Office on at 8.00. It's like your Office, only funnier"

I got a kick out of that
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
American. It's just funnier........I like British humor but the American version is just funnier and easier to understand IMO.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
I dont' think this poll can be taken seriously without a demographic.

People who vote should say WHERE they live as well, humour is different in different regions of the world.

It would make sense if a European people enjoys British Office more then American Office, and vice versa. But it's also nice to know if an American likes British, or if a European prefers American Office.

I like the American one btw.
I saw this on TV on like Leno or Letterman or something
"Things Stupid Americans say to UK"

"They should make a British version of The Office"

hahah

anyways, the US version is better
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by BrockTandem
It's funny they make American versions of British shows so they can understand the jokes.

Or because it's a good show and would do well in an American market.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
i vote american purely for the fact that i cant understand what the **** they are saying half the time in the british version...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Americans suck at subtle humour the British version owns, but then this poll shows why so many users on UG suffer from a terminal lack of comedic prowess
Quote by Machine Gun Cat
Americans suck at subtle humour the British version owns, but then this poll shows why so many users on UG suffer from a terminal lack of comedic prowess
Yes, because you are the one true judge of humor. I will remember to ask you next time someone tells a joke "Hey, is that funny?" and I will only laugh at your command.
I like both but I laugh a lot more at the American version. The characters are just more defined and have more "moments" than the British iteration.
They both have definite advantages.
British is better if you are a hardcore office fan, but american is more watcher friendly.
Quote by Bennetts_strat
Yesterday a black transvestite in a top hat asked me for a cigarette.

That's London for you eh?

I love The Office

the American version, because i've never seen the british version.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Page 1 of 2