I am going to Guitar Center tomorrow to get some new strings for my Ibanez IJX30 (Starter Pack Guitar).

The ones I have now are really twangy, thin and odd sounding. So I want some new strings, but I am not sure what strings will suit me.

I do lots of bends, vibrato, I really hammer away at my strings. I need them to stay in tune for a fairly long time as well. I like to play hard rock/metal so I need a thick sound.

I was thinking perhaps Dimebag High Voltage strings, Zakk Wylde's strings (similiar play style), or some Dunlops. But I am not sure, I am inexperienced in buying strings.

So which should I get??

Also I am looking into getting my first pedal and was wondering what is a good first pedal? Distortion, Whammy, Wah?

Thanks for the help.
Ernie Ball Slinky's. 10-46 would probably do it for you. really bendable IMO and last a good while too. If you still have the amp that came with the starter pack I would recommend saving your money and getting pedals after upgrading to a decent amp. I had one of them and it was ****e compared to a lot of amps you can get for a good price..
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by ortrigger
Ernie Ball Slinky's. 10-46 would probably do it for you. really bendable IMO and last a good while too. If you still have the amp that came with the starter pack I would recommend saving your money and getting pedals after upgrading to a decent amp. I had one of them and it was ****e compared to a lot of amps you can get for a good price..

+1
This choice is passion, this path is tension.
If it's killing you to buy a pedal, get a wah pedal.

Then save up for an amp with a lot of different effects and tones to find your style. I recommend a Roland Cube 30x.