I'm just looking for an inexpensive guitar to play Metal/Metalcore/Hard Rock on, it will pretty much stay in dropped C. Can this guitar handle that well?

this one to be exact:http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar-519783-i1167867.Music123
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by JessicaGonzo
the pick ups are crap...

what about the rest of it, I plan on replacing the pickups of any guitar I plan on buying unless they're unusually good.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano

*sings over crank that*
go ahead..its not a bad guitar.
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
Quote by Aditya
go ahead..its not a bad guitar.

would it hold up to gigging? i hope to start playing shows sometime next year
Quote by Ed Hunter

Quote by Captain Insano

*sings over crank that*
Quote by withgunstoglory
what about the rest of it, I plan on replacing the pickups of any guitar I plan on buying unless they're unusually good.

then i would say its pretty decent. and i would assume it would hold up to gigging.
Quote by JessicaGonzo
then i would say its pretty decent. and i would assume it would hold up to gigging.

thanks for the help
Quote by Ed Hunter

Quote by Captain Insano

*sings over crank that*
It's true that Ibanez stock pickups are pretty weak, but if you upgrade those you'll have a fine guitar.

I have an RG2EX1 that I upgraded with Seymour Duncan Invaders and Sperzel locking tuners, and honestly, I am just as fond of this guitar as I am my ESP that cost me over $1000 more. Actually, I probably like it more than the ESP because I find the neck to be more comfortable.

I'd say go for it.
Quote by fimbulwinter
It's true that Ibanez stock pickups are pretty weak, but if you upgrade those you'll have a fine guitar.

I have an RG2EX1 that I upgraded with Seymour Duncan Invaders and Sperzel locking tuners, and honestly, I am just as fond of this guitar as I am my ESP that cost me over $1000 more. Actually, I probably like it more than the ESP because I find the neck to be more comfortable.

I'd say go for it.

sounds like a compelling argument
Quote by Ed Hunter

Quote by Captain Insano

*sings over crank that*
Quote by withgunstoglory
sounds like a compelling argument

Haha, I know it might sound exaggerated.

I'm not saying that the quality of construction on the Ibanez is at the level of the ESP. Not even close.

My main issues are the playability and the pickups.

I just find the slim neck and the body style of the Ibanez to be so much more comfortable than the Eclipse.

Also, I don't appreciate the sound of the EMG's in the Eclipse as much as I once thought I did. The Invaders just aren't as cold and sterile sounding, in my opinion.