I am so stuck right now...I've been playing guitar for 2 years and I consider myself to be average...at the most I'm a little bit past begginer level. I don't know any of my scales and I still have some trouble with chords. I would take lessons but I can't afford them. I don't know what to do next though...I can improvise pretty well and I think the hardest song I know as of right now is Iron Man (the solo is what is hard) I tried to learn scales using internet resources but I don't know where to start. Can anyone help me out here?
Learn the circle of fifths. It will pay off once you get deep into scales and such.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
when i was learning the iron man solo my teacher had me do a pentatonic scale to help me idk what u shud i gues just practice slowly?
Quote by Imme94
I am so stuck right now...I've been playing guitar for 2 years and I consider myself to be average...at the most I'm a little bit past begginer level. I don't know any of my scales and I still have some trouble with chords. I would take lessons but I can't afford them. I don't know what to do next though...I can improvise pretty well and I think the hardest song I know as of right now is Iron Man (the solo is what is hard) I tried to learn scales using internet resources but I don't know where to start. Can anyone help me out here?

You should start by learning some scales (major/minor pentatonic at the very least). The chromatic scale will help you with finger independency and gaining strength in your fingers (you know the 1234 on each string sort of thing). You should also learn how to change chords smoothly, I'd say that should be first on your list so find some nice acoustic songs or whatever to practice changing chords.

There are a lot of lessons on this site that can give you some tips on the stuff you want to learn/improve on. You should also check out FP's lessons on this site and youtube, they've helped me tons to improve my accuracy/speed etc. Hoped this helped.
My Gear

Esteban American Legacy
Fender Standard Strat HSS
Fender Frontman 25W
Boss MT-2
Boss GE-7