So a good friend of mine worries about things too much, and this stress and anxiety has lead to her developing a stomach ulcer. She doesn't drink very often either.
Is there any way (drug-free way) for someone like her to relieve her stress and anxiety so she won't have to go through the pain of stomach ulcers and worrying about things too much?
whoa. I can get an ulcer from my stress and anxiety, I thought that was a myth!

Umm, yeah, seconded, I'd like to know now, pronto.
My dad had the same problem a few years back. This time of year can be very stressful. If she has lots of small tasks offer to help her and let her relax.
Anxiety actually doesnt have that much of an effect on ulcers.... its an old wives tale.

Its in her diet. I had an ulcer. I dont drink soda at all now. And I watch my intake of acidic foods such as tomato sauce, spicy foods, etc.
Quote by aaronob
Anxiety actually doesnt have that much of an effect on ulcers.... its an old wives tale.

Its in her diet. I had an ulcer. I dont drink soda at all now. And I watch my intake of acidic foods such as tomato sauce, spicy foods, etc.

According to wiki, an increase in psychological stress and anxiety leads to increased stomach acid production. The bacteria that creates stomach ulcers thrives in acidic environments, so this increase of stomach acid increases the likelihood of an ulcer.
Quote by MopMaster
Music solves all, buy that fool an instrument.

Also, maybe she's trying to take on too much to handle? If so, try to get her to drop some stuff so she's got more free time.

Well she's good with dealing with other people's problems, and quite a few people come to her when they need help, but she doesn't deal with her own very well...
And since she deal's with other people's problems, she knows all about a good deal of people and the stupid things they do and it worries her.