care to explain???

I don't see to understand these lines in the movie.

Batman: Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough.
[insert cut: Alfred burns the envelope from Rachel]
Batman: .Sometimes, people deserve more

Someone explain to me what Batman means?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by sporkman7
the scene means that alfred burning the letter and keeping the truth (im assuming u no wat the letter said) from bruce is a way of protecting him, which is exactly what he does for gothm

Oh,so is that supposed to mean that sometimes its better to lie?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
lol u have a dark knight avatar and user title...
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Oh,so is that supposed to mean that sometimes its better to lie?

Not lie, but rather not say anything at all.

Like "What you don't know don't hurt you"
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Sometimes To Help Someone Will Keep The World A Better Place But To Tell Them The Truth Would Kill Someone
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by JungIe
lol u have a dark knight avatar and user title...

I know.It's just that that was the one thing I didn't understand.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
I was going to make a thread, but since there is a thread on the dark knight on the first page, there's no point.
Here's my question, that has been bugging me for 6 months!
During the Joker's pencil trick, what happens to the pencil? Does it go through the table, or into the body guards eye/head?
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by M.O.P
I was going to make a thread, but since there is a thread on the dark knight on the first page, there's no point.
During the Joker's pecil trick, what happens to the pencil? Does it go through the table, or into the body guards eye/head?

Irl,the guy moved it.In the story,I'm guessing it went in his eye.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by M.O.P
During the Joker's pencil trick, what happens to the pencil? Does it go through the table, or into the body guards eye/head?

the bold
yea i also have a question
in the trailer theres the scene where the joker is sitting against a wall, and says "hello.... commissioner..." and then he grabs the dudes face and does the why so serious thing....is that all one scene? when does it happen? cuz i never saw it...
Quote by sporkman7
in the trailer theres the scene where the joker is sitting against a wall, and says "hello.... commissioner..." and then he grabs the dudes face and does the why so serious thing....is that all one scene? when does it happen? cuz i never saw it...

maybe just... a non-spoiler thingee?

lol idfk
Quote by vamprocker
Sometimes To Help Someone Will Keep The World A Better Place But To Tell Them The Truth Would Kill Someone
Why Do You Type Like This With A Capital At The Beginning Of Every Word? It's Very Annoying.

Quote by M.O.P

He wouldn't fall to the ground if it went into the table, so it went into his eye.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by sporkman7

watched the movie last night. 2 different scenes cut together for the trailer...
Quote by M.O.P

It went eraser-first straight into the guy's eye.

yea i also have a question in the trailer theres the scene where the joker is sitting against a wall, and says "hello.... commissioner..." and then he grabs the dudes face and does the why so serious thing....is that all one scene? when does it happen? cuz i never saw it...

The wall scene was right after the interrogation scene ("I want my phone call.")
"Why So Serious?" is the scene on the boat where Gambol is playing pool and they bring the Joker in a body bag to him. He jumps up and grabs Gambol and does the first scars story.
Last edited by guyperson at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by sporkman7

Two different short scenes pieced together in the trailer.

Yes, the pencil went through his eye.

And "sometimes perople deserve better" meant that Alfred was burnign the letter after he had seen Bruce so distressed about Rachel. He thought it wouldn't hurt him if he didnt know; he DESERVED BETTER.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT