Well I am pretty new to playing guitar. Been playing for about 4 or 5 months now. I was wondering what I should do to get better. What lessons on the site do you all recommend? Any books or dvds that you recommend? Any computer cds that you recommed? Maybe certain songs I should start with.
what do you know so far?

...... im guessing you will need a music theory book? the complete idiots guide to music theory is pretty good.
Well like i know some chords and I like i can read tabs and do alternate picking. Thats pretty much it.
mmm... I suggest a practice regimint (SFS). That'll keep you on track and moving in the right direction.

Here's a good one - http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TB-020-BeginnersPractice.php

Good luck, all the best man.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

justinguitar.com is an awesome website, also try to take some actually 1 on 1 lessons, they help a lot (but they are pricey, haha)
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
i think the best way to learn a guitar is by taking 1 on 1 lessons like ThislLove said
once you have the basics done, you can learn on ur own much easier
While your technique is essential, don't bore yourself by playing scales and stuff all the time. Play some songs that you want to play as well... judging by your name, you're an A7X fan, so you might learn the rhythm to Seize The Day or something and ease into it.
start playing songs and trying to play them, without tabs, thats an exercise. Other thing is to look at a song that you can play but difficult, and practice it a lot, it had helped me, especially those maiden songs
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by slickerthnsleek
While your technique is essential, don't bore yourself by playing scales and stuff all the time. Play some songs that you want to play as well... judging by your name, you're an A7X fan, so you might learn the rhythm to Seize The Day or something and ease into it.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/avenged_sevenfold/seize_the_day_ver2_crd.htm

This is the rhythm right? And are there any specific songs that you recommend?
Ok just starting by reading tabs probably Is NOT a good thing.

I've been playing for 2 or 3 months, but I've got my own teacher (luckily) my cousin who makes guitars and is very very very good. I'd say I've learnt stuff really quick thru him.

Try get lessons in person. Much better than any book or dvd.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
Play with a group of more experienced people. They will help you more then anything.If that is not a option take online lessons for diffrent skills and songs.And practice till your fingers feel like butter.