I own an ESP LTD ec-500, and I wanted humbuckers and a better guitar. Does any body know if the weight and bodies are the same? Is the tone better or did they just add lots a crap...haha. Thanks.
the EC-1000 is just better constructed with the frets hammered better and the electronics put in more carefully, plus the pretty paintjob, you wont notice a difference in sound untill you get in to the ESP range
The 1000 has a quilted maple top, where the 500 just has a plain maple top. The 1000 also has a regular nut instead of the Earvana crap. Other than that its all pretty much cosmetic differences. I'd say the tone is very similar.
i think the abalone on the 1000 is too much. most likely better electronics work and quality of wood/hardware/paintjob.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Matt420740
The 1000 has a quilted maple top, where the 500 just has a plain maple top. The 1000 also has a regular nut instead of the Earvana crap. Other than that its all pretty much cosmetic differences. I'd say the tone is very similar.

Thanks! Whats the diff between Quilted and plain?
Quote by Matt420740
The 1000 also has a regular nut instead of the Earvana crap.

Since when?

I've owned two EC-1000s and take it from me, if you have the cash to buy one, look into Edwards instead. They are ESP's Japan-only brand, but I've seen quite a few lately with hardshell cases for fairly cheap, they're easily on par with Gibson Standards.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have to concur, it's been a while since I've seen a new 1000 without an Earvana nut.

The biggest functional difference I noticed when comparing the two was the hardware you get with the 1000: locking tuners and TonePros stuff for the bridge and tail. Outside of that, the 1000 is certainly a "prettier" guitar in a sense, but that's all subjective anyway.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM