hello UGers. ive been coming to this site for a while and have been practicing on an acoustic for the last year. i take classical guitar lessons at school but i mainly try to play blues or rock on my acoustic(rock doesnt seem to work too well XD).

the acoustic was given to me at about this time last year from my grandfather. he died shortly before he could give it to me himself, my dad went there to collect his stuff for my mom and it was addressed to me, so regardless of how amazing it is(which in my eyes is beyond amazing) it still has alot of centimental value.

yesterday being christmas i recieved a vince niel montley crue"siganiture" electric guitar.
it probably isnt the best. and it came with a small 5W amp w/ overdrive. nothing amazing but i just need something audible for the time being.

i hope to one day be an amazing guitarist. and thats my story
Quote by lilhawk2892
hello UGers. ive been coming to this site for a while and have been practicing on an acoustic for the last year. i take classical guitar lessons at school but i mainly try to play blues or rock on my acoustic(rock doesnt seem to work too well XD).

the acoustic was given to me at about this time last year from my grandfather. he died shortly before he could give it to me himself, my dad went there to collect his stuff for my mom and it was addressed to me, so regardless of how amazing it is(which in my eyes is beyond amazing) it still has alot of centimental value.

yesterday being christmas i recieved a vince niel montley crue"siganiture" electric guitar.
it probably isnt the best. and it came with a small 5W amp w/ overdrive. nothing amazing but i just need something audible for the time being.

i hope to one day be an amazing guitarist. and thats my story

Welcome, and it's always fun to start with crappy gear and progress, that way you can see how far you've come. I've actually gained much respect for my first guitar, it was better than I thought regardless of lack of a big name, it's got great tone and it was a wonderful birthday gift when I was all of about 10, about half of my life ago. Also, I myself am a fan of acoustic-alt. rock, so don't be too discouraged by trying to play rock on an acoustic; it's all what you make of it. Good luck, and if I can be of any help, just let me know!
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
I second the welcome. We need to stick together, you and I. We've been playing 4 the same ammount of time xD.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Welcome to UG
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...