.. But how might I get Kirk Hammett's/James Hetfield's tone on my guitar? Such as the distorted one heard on the verses and what-not of The Unforgiven III. I'm pretty damn sure there is a Wah pedal in use there, so i wanna know what position to set my Dunlop Classic Crybaby to, to get close to that. Obviously I wont be able to get exact with my rig, but i wanna get close. =D Got the wah pedal for Christmas, and I'm still kind of new to it.

Thanks.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

change that guitar or amp..
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
in progress.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

whats wrong with your squier? mine kicks ass

as for the settings on the amp, use the metal channel with the drive at 6-7. i dont remember which EQ settings sounded the best though
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I know the amp settings, I just need ideas for the wah pedal position. like... down/sharp, middle/middle, or up/flat. you know? the higher you let it up, the heavier, and low pitched the tone gets. and I'm pretty sure either james or kirk uses the wah, but in a steady position at like... 1:36 and on, on the unforgiven III. Then, on the solo, he obviously uses it, but he actually uses it the ideal way then. from up position to down.

So what im asking, is how should i leave my wah pedal when i'm just playing the riff without actually wah-wah'ing if that makes sense..