Quote by LeviMan_2001
Why does it seem that everyone here on the forums loves metal? or whatever you call it. (the stuff that requires ibanezes and lots of distortion and the nerdy word bro0talz). Is it because the G in ultimate guitar has horns? hmmm Where are all the classic rock and blues people?

shhhhhhh....The bloozorz don't know the Internet exists yet....
Quote by Clownocaster#1
shhhhhhh....The bloozorz don't know the Internet exists yet....

+1
its because that kind of music "takes tallent" pffft my ass,,,i could play racerX tunes, with my hands tied to my face!
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Why does it seem that everyone here on the forums loves metal? or whatever you call it. (the stuff that requires ibanezes and lots of distortion and the nerdy word bro0talz). Is it because the G in ultimate guitar has horns? hmmm Where are all the classic rock and blues people?

the majority of UG is teenage boys.

what do you expect?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I dont like meta and I hate ibenz (or however they are spelt)
I dont really listen to blues but I kinda write like it sometimes and I love classic rock and you will probably find that all the people you are against also like some from of it too.
Hey! I love my chugga-chors!

But don't say that everyone here loves metal. There a Jazz and Blues and R&B forum (I think) around here somewhere.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Most teenage boys have a masculinity complex (where they do things to feel more manly)
Metal has a tough, br00tal image (or did before all the prepubescent teens started liking it)
Teenage boys like metal
Ultimate-guitar somehow attracted teenage boys
Heaps of teenage boys on UG
Heaps of metal fans on UG

If you think that's pathetic, take a guess what some teenage girls do for the female version of the same complex (where girls want to do things to be more womanly/grown up).

Quote by redflag_ppl
its because that kind of music "takes tallent" pffft my ass,,,i could play racerX tunes, with my hands tied to my face!
Talent needed to play songs<Talent needed to write songs
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
lol im a teenage boy and i play an ibanez. *tear* i must have a musculinity complex
loljk

but for the record i do enjoy "metal" (If vai, satch, pertucci and gilbert fall under that category) but i also like jazz (Guthrie govan, Stanley Jordan, Herbie hancock) blues, and classic rock.
I loved metal when I was a teenage boy too. Still do - at 38 - but I've diversified a LOT.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I am a teenage boy, I have an Ibanez and yes I do love teh_metal.

However it is not the sole-reason I'm on UG. I'm into all sorts of music - prog, blues, funk etc. I just play metal mostly because its the easiest to learn in the beginning to be honest. All these people who say it's the hardest aren't completely correct. Sure it takes a lot of skill to shred but it's easy to write a solo like that, that sounds good whereas it'd be harder writing a GOOD blues solo.
Most teenage boys have a masculinity complex (where they do things to feel more manly)
Metal has a tough, br00tal image (or did before all the prepubescent teens started liking it)
Teenage boys like metal
Ultimate-guitar somehow attracted teenage boys
Heaps of teenage boys on UG
Heaps of metal fans on UG

Well I'm a teenager (15) and got into metal about 2 years ago.... But I don't like it because it makes me feel tough / masculine / rebellious or something like that, I like it for the music, it sounds great, and it's lots of fun to play? I think you're just stereotyping.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
I think some of us get into it for an 'image' thing, but for those that do, it is a pretty short-lived phase that we move on from, like any other 'image' phase.

For those of us who truly love heavy music, I'm not sure you ever 'grow out of it.'

Sure, I'm not into some of the whacky sub-genres of death metal (doom, black, etc.), but I was never into Slayer or Razor or Celtic Frost back in the day either.

Nowadays, I've got RATM, Stabbing Westward, Motorhead, early Metallica, Pantera, etc. alongside Van Morrison, Lisa Loeb, and all that alongside Public Enemy and K-OS. Different tunes for different moods, occasions, etc. Whatevs.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Average age of a UG member: <20.
Average mental age of a UG member: <15.

But there are people here who love music that isn't metal. And I quite frankly didn't even notice the horns on the G until you said it (I know, facepalm). Anyway, I do see where you're coming from. There are a lot of people on here who just care about "br00tu1 mus1k," but a lot of them have little to no understanding of anything above the seventh fret.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
451F

Metallica > Megadeth

Well I don't listen to metal for the 'image', Theres about 3 or 4 kids in my grade at school into metal (me included) rest are into Rap, RnB etc.

And i hate when people try to look tough through music they listen to.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic