I saw this movie (Fracture) this morning on tv, and I have to say I liked it quite a lot; I thought it was a clever movie and had a decent twist at the end. But it was weird cause I woke up this morning with one of my mean dream-lingering euphoria states, sort of mixed with a mass sense of self-inferiority, and it blended so well with the movie and all the little things in it. No I haven't done drugs recently, it was natural.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else here has seen Fracture and if they liked it too? That, and I guess people can share other weird dream-lingering feelings they get.

I get it a couple of times a year, it's sort of a high I get when I dream heaps and it lingers on, and it's kind of a low as well cause it makes we desperately want to just be better, like the dream vision of myself or something, but it blends in a really cool way. Does anyone else get that?
I did see that movie, and quite enjoyed it, very clever indeed. Sadly, I can't say I know what you're talking about. Is it a good thing?
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
I kind of know what you mean- that dream-like state of semi-consciousness. It's definitely interesting, as in such states I very much feel and think very uncharacteristically. It makes me ponder the state of being human, psychology and interpretations and creations of the mind. I don't know if this is what you were thinking of but just wanted to add two cents' worth of thought
Quote by Clownocaster#1
yeah i get that sometimes too man, really good for the old creativity.

Yea, I know what you mean, cept I can never play that well whenever I get it, like, all the creativity and energy in general that I get from it doesn't transfer into my usual doings. It's weird, it always seems to just change me for a little while, my deep-seeded desires become magnified and all my normal desires just disappear. It's like I get opened to my true self or something, which dreaming sort of does to you.
Quote by Le_Bunny
I kind of know what you mean- that dream-like state of semi-consciousness. It's definitely interesting, as in such states I very much feel and think very uncharacteristically. It makes me ponder the state of being human, psychology and interpretations and creations of the mind. I don't know if this is what you were thinking of but just wanted to add two cents' worth of thought

Yea, I know what you mean. I feel like a different person when it happens, only I feel as though I am myself fused with another person, so my desires are still there and everything that makes me who I am is still there, only distorted by this other character that resides in me.

I know what you mean about being uncharacteristic as well, only I find that it's like I'm different but still based on the same fundamentals, so certain parts of me are magnified or reduced, but still there. I find it interesting because it makes me feel like inside me, or anyone else for that matter, all range of characteristics and traits do exist, but it's like a sea with water in which only certain things float. Sometimes if the mind is tricked the water can change.
I can relate to about half of that. I think in these states, the different things that occur are our mind tapping into things that modern society makes us forget we have... like mostly I'm in this intense paranoia and fear when normally I'm chill and level-headed. It feels very human, like a basic instinct to live and hide from projections of your mind in dreams/etc.

all range of characteristics and traits do exist, but it's like a sea with water in which only certain things float. Sometimes if the mind is tricked the water can change.

I get you there. Well said.
Quote by Trinitron
I did see that movie, and quite enjoyed it, very clever indeed. Sadly, I can't say I know what you're talking about. Is it a good thing?

Yea, I mean, it's weird and definitely quite jarring for sometime, but once you get accustomed to it and learn not to analyse it and focus on it while it's happening, it's a very interesting experience. I've had this happen to me on rare occasion since I was about 15, as far as I can remember. It tends to only happen during the holidays when my mind is clear, though it has happened during weekends or during week/school days before. The more clear you mind is and the fewer things there are around to distract you the more interesting it is.

It always seems to go hand-in-hand with a movie or a game or something where my imagination can explore, yet it has to be real because it's always based on reality. Sorry for the rant guys, but for like, 3 years I've been wanting to properly explain this to someone cause when it happens it's just really really interesting, and if I had lots of money and means to do things I swear it would always be the start of some insane journey somewhere haha.

Quote by Le_Bunny
I can relate to about half of that. I think in these states, the different things that occur are our mind tapping into things that modern society makes us forget we have... like mostly I'm in this intense paranoia and fear when normally I'm chill and level-headed. It feels very human, like a basic instinct to live and hide from projections of your mind in dreams/etc.

I get you there. Well said.

Yea, I know exactly what you mean, but for me it's the other way round but sort of the same thing, like, ok I'll explain. I'm always concerned about being stronger, being better at things, improving, all the usual stuff the most people are concerned about, but the drive for these things exists in a very real, logical way. When I get into these states I get forms of inspiration that cause me to want these things in a whole different way, much more calmly but still logically to some extent. I don't feel like a normal, cowardly animal that just moves along trying to do things, but more like a still scared, but wide open animal that has that extra spark inside and it willing to push the boundaries.

It's all a big magnification of things that are already there but more of things that are deep-seeded, but where it gets weird is normally me deep-seeded feelings are those of fear and apprehension. These deep-seeded feelings are those of drive and a benevolent desire for power. I've always been afraid of things that I really, REALLY want, and girls are the best example of that. It's basic shyness, but it's something I've noticed I do more than other people, and when I get like this feelings like that get weaker.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Dec 26, 2008,
I have this massive, permanent fear of self-fulfillment, and I've been trying to outsmart it for most of my life. This state of partial euphoria is the only thing that ever defeats it and I wish I could find a way to make it last. I don't suppose anyone else gets the same sort of thing? (Preferably not from drugs lol)
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
I have this massive, permanent fear of self-fulfillment, and I've been trying to outsmart it for most of my life. This state of partial euphoria is the only thing that ever defeats it and I wish I could find a way to make it last. I don't suppose anyone else gets the same sort of thing? (Preferably not from drugs lol)

I definitely get that.
Sleep-deprivation usually brings that feeling of euphoria on, and I get an epiphany about whatever I'm doing at the time.

The only ways I can think to attain this state without drugs is through either meditation and/or lots of sex.

Seeing my friend-with-benefits at the movies tomorrow, wish me luck!
Quote by Clownocaster#1
I definitely get that.
Sleep-deprivation usually brings that feeling of euphoria on, and I get an epiphany about whatever I'm doing at the time.

The only ways I can think to attain this state without drugs is through either meditation and/or lots of sex.

Seeing my friend-with-benefits at the movies tomorrow, wish me luck!

Hah, I tend to get it if I sleep heaps. It's like my mind gets taken over and wiped by my subconscious, then it gets to develop again and do so in a slightly better way. If I don't sleep much my negative deep-seeded traits come to surface more and more

Meditation might help, but I generally need things like that forced upon me because I naturally fight things; I need to be taken by surprise and just knocked out by it, without any chance to push it away. I'd try the sex thing but my fear of self-fulfillment always makes me wuss out of girl-related progress. F*cking personal problems.