Not relationship thread, because Its not a certain topic...

But how the hell do you make people happy...

Like what are your methods?

Its killing me, a friend of mine is going through some really hard times and im insanely optimistic and always looking at the good things and I've tried to help her to just be positive and forget about the bad stuff but its pretty tough...

I am lost here and scared...

Please, just help me out because this is a huge deal...

And if not make them happy, at least convince them that everything's gonna be alright...

Its just tearing me apart seeing her so depressed all the time...
you can't force people to be happy, they have to make themselves happy.

and although it's great that you're trying to get someone out of a funk, sometimes people need to feel bad for a while. I'm not advocating constant depression, but if something just happened to this friend of yours, they'll probably have to feel bad for a while before they feel better. otherwise they'll have repressed grief that'll cause them to relapse later on.
Agreed you can't make them happy. Also, don't force yourself on them, it makes them go into the shell even deeper.

Bring them food, send them a note, ask if they wanna go do something, catch a movie, etc. Little things like that- busy things, can help it out.

And since this is the Pit, I have to throw this in, uh, mouthrape.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by Guitarfreak217

Its killing me, a friend of mine is going through some really hard times and im insanely optimistic and always looking at the good things and I've tried to help her to just be positive and forget about the bad stuff but its pretty tough...

And if not make them happy, at least convince them that everything's gonna be alright...

Its just tearing me apart seeing her so depressed all the time...

Hell I dunno. All of my silver-lined clouds have dark linings....
Some people thrive on depression though. Maybe she's Emo?

On a more serious note...
Everyone goes through dark times and they only get over it when they're ready to. It's the cycle of life my friend. She'll be ok.
man ive just gone thru pretty much the same thing, my friend (who happens to be a girl) is slowly recovring tho, nd she says if i wasnt there for her, it may hav ended very diff, my point is just keep workin at it, nd try to make her happy as much as possible,
Here is what I do and have done in the past. I write them a letter, and list every single possible reason why I love them, my greatest memories with them, and always finish it with "I can honestly say that I love you, truly and completely"

This will not instantly make them happy, however it shows that you are serious about them, and helping them, and just that you are there, remembering the good times end enduring and persevering through the bad times

Sanity is not statistical
Do things you know she likes??

If you're this serious about helping her, I'm sure you're close, right?

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by tugboat
Do things you know she likes??

If you're this serious about helping her, I'm sure you're close, right?

I suppose...

Just a good friend... I would be this way about anyone I know in her situation...

Just the first time I've lost sleep worrying about someone...

And its not like something that's gonna pass... Its gonna be bad for a while so I mean shes not gonna get over it without my help because its not gonna stop anytime soon...
All you can really do is be there for her. Take her out for a drink, crack jokes no matter how awful they are, ring her up to make sure she's coping allright. Make sure she knows that you're going to be looking after her no matter what happens
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
It really depends on the person

However, I have come to the conclusion through much work, that long hugs and cuddles, chocolate and showing your ding dong works.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
It really depends on the person

However, I have come to the conclusion through much work, that long hugs and cuddles, chocolate and showing your ding dong works.

But why the hell would she want to see my doorbell?
make her a cuppa and a bikky

and tell her you will lend a listening ear anytime - let her know you're there for her, but other than that, you will just have to let her deal with her own feelings, no matter how hard it is for you to see a friend in suffering.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I sit their and tell stupid jokes, or if it is a girl i will start massaging their back, cause they love that.

Or i will talk and give cheesy smiles to make them smile,

idk, its my job to make people smile, i can barely make myself smile, only guitar, music, and certain people do that.
Oh yea and laughing at the people who always seem to get pissed at you.

good times
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by hxckma
Rape her

That doesn't work. Getting your penis out in a public place and raping a park bench, now that's entertainment.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I drop my pants.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.