whats better at keeping in tune and dive bombing and stuff, vai stuff im talkign bout :P
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
Vai uses the Edge Pro and not the Edge Zero, so I'd assume the Edge Pro would be perfect for Vai.
thats probably because the edge zero is new and he didnt have time to check it out id assume it doesnt mean the EZ is bad
i thought he did ahk thanks for your help you answer like all my questions
Edge zero is better

Ibanez S2170 Purple Chameleon finish
Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
cause i was thinkign of getting either the ibanez rg2550e or z and i dnt knwo wat trem is better. i do like the white colour alot better but that onli comes with the z and im not sure if its any good
Quote by VikingK0ng
Edge zero is better

Have you tried it extensively? Have you compared it side-by-side with an Edge Pro? Or are you only saying that because Ibanez says it's better?
the edge zero is on the higher end(or even highest end, if u look at j customs), and the edge pro is on rg15x0 series only as far as i see, hence the ez is better in terms of quality. but yeah, vai uses the edge pro, so it would be perfect for stuff like that.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Horlicks
Have you tried it extensively? Have you compared it side-by-side with an Edge Pro? Or are you only saying that because Ibanez says it's better?

lol well im only saying its better because I prefer the zero point system to the edge pro system. Ive also heard more problems with the edge pro than the edge zero. In my opionion I thinks its better.

Ibanez S2170 Purple Chameleon finish
Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Horlicks

Id take the word that the company gives. I mean why would a company ever lie about a product they want to sell? (insert sarcasm maybe )
Quote by thisdude
the edge zero is on the higher end(or even highest end, if u look at j customs), and the edge pro is on rg15x0 series only as far as i see, hence the ez is better in terms of quality. but yeah, vai uses the edge pro, so it would be perfect for stuff like that.

The Edge Pro was on the RG Prestige line and the j.custom line since 2003. It only changed this year.

As far as I've known, Steve Vai uses the original Edge Tremolo or the Lo-Pro Edge, I don't think he uses the Edge Pro. However, the Edge Pro is on the 2008 JEM 7VWH.

If the Edge Zero is as good as Ibanez claims, why are the JEMs and JSs still using the Edge Pro (well for this year at least)?

I haven't tried it yet, so I guess you have to go with what Horlicks said which is to test the tremolos side by side.
Last edited by Raiace at Dec 27, 2008,
Herman li has got the edge zero on his new signature model. Hes an over-rated guitarist but if you like his nintendo music then you'll have no problems achieving his whammy sounds with the edge zero.
Well... EP is Gotoh made in Japan. EZ is made somewhere in China. Now, I actually trust Gotoh's quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Well... EP is Gotoh made in Japan. EZ is made somewhere in China. Now, I actually trust Gotoh's quality.

if that is true (i have no idea if it is or not), then i'd agree.

i haven't tried the edge zero though, and have only tried the edge pro a little.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Davester000
Herman li has got the edge zero on his new signature model. Hes an over-rated guitarist but if you like his nintendo music then you'll have no problems achieving his whammy sounds with the edge zero.

lol, I'm not a big fan of Dragonforce, but I do know one thing...Herman Li could probably run circles around most people on this forum.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Quote by pcline85
lol, I'm not a big fan of Dragonforce, but I do know one thing...Herman Li could probably run circles around most people on this forum.

Most if not all, even though the songs themselves are basically pop songs but with twice as much notes jammed in.

Still I wonder sometimes if people like Vai and Satriani are not secretly roaming these forums, checking out what's happening ^^

Anyway. Both the pro and the zero will work fine for Vai stuff, they're both high quality trems; you can't really go wrong with that.

Hey Warewolf, cool to see a fellow new RG-man spreading the word
Still you shouldn't always believe what companies tell you (ever watch commercials?). Ibanez probably advertised their new trems to be better than the Edge/Lo-Pro systems at one point, and many people still prefer those. So. ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
After playing the Edge Zero, I don't think I can be happy with any other trem. It's my first guitar with a fully floating trem, and I researched them a lot. The setting up of a floyd rose scares me. But the edge zero makes it so easy. Adjusting the angle is as easy as turning a knob, it has amazing stability. And changing tunings does not take forever. The Edge Zero is like a combination of the Edge ZR and the Edge Pro, best of both worlds.
Quote by Dave_Mc
if that is true (i have no idea if it is or not), then i'd agree.

i haven't tried the edge zero though, and have only tried the edge pro a little.

well, I heard it from Pifty, so...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah, he's normally pretty reliable. i know that the edge and lo-pro edge were made by gotoh, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?