Well I got my first bass for Christmas .But since I have been playing acoustic and electric guitar for almost 2 years I picked up bass a little easier. I'm able to pop and slap no bother but since my strumming hand isn't used to the roughness of the strings it obviously started to hurt which I just ignored but then I got this weird lump on my popping finger.I got it before on my thumb messing with a left handed bass but this is on my index and its annoying to play with it. Have any of you gotten this playing bass for the first time and if so is there and way to get rid of it quick?
do you mean a blister?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
do you mean a blister?

Im not sure cause I've had a blister before and its not really like it,it could be a very weird one tough ya.
Sounds like a blister. You can get really nasty ones from bass. Blood blisters... Yum.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
In a day between christmas youve learned to slap and popping without a bother. i somehow doubt youre technique is that good, Im just saying.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
+1 it's a blister. Because the motion of popping tends to cause the layers of skin to begin to slide around against each other, the blister may be quite deep. So it won't look or feel like a surface blister.
Be gentle with it, and it'll heal stronger, which will stop it happening again. We've all been there!
Quote by fatgoogle
In a day between christmas youve learned to slap and popping without a bother. i somehow doubt youre technique is that good, Im just saying.

I learned about a week ago.I watched a video on it the day before I went up to a guitar shop and I played a bass there for a few minutes so Christmas day was another day with it.Even tough two days doesn't sound much better,lol
And to creepingjesus73,thanks.I wasent sure if i should play with it(which is very annoying to do)or not.