http://www.boutiquemusic.com.au/product.php?productid=16163&cat=0&page=1

Looks like a good deal, talks a good game...but I can't find much on it anywhere. The Harmony Central reviews are generally good, but there are only a few for all the variants and only one on this particular model.

The Hiwatt website is pretty useless; it doesn't have any soundclips or anything, although it did at least lead me to a Guitar One review that was once again quite complimentary.

Otherwise, Google just gets me all the different places all over the worls where the amp is sold. Useful if I wanted to learn Polish or Russian (I had no plans to), not so useful if I wanted more info.

So I'm passing a proverbial Hail Mary by asking if anyone on this forum has any experience, or knows anyone who has, with this amp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
It's $1400, not exactly too good to be true. Looks like a sweet amp though, I mean, it's Hiwatt.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
For Australia, $1400 is a great deal. Over here, a Valveking or a Crate V50 are $1000, a Marshall DSL is generally around $1200, a B-52 is about the same...I could go on.

There aren't many amps that actually occupy the ground this particular Hiwatt does. If you're lucky you may be able to find a Vox AC30 in that range, but that seems to be a myth as I can't find one. And I love David Gilmour's clean tone, so this can't be too far off it as channel one is based on his amp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales