hey is the marshal jcm 900 MKIII (50watt) any good?

i want it for 80s hair metal kinda stuff, i can get this head real cheap as well
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
Yes, get it.
It should sound great.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
This is arguably the best of the JCM 900 series. There is one thing with this amp. That is, you really kind of need an EQ in the loop to bring up the mids and make it sound fat. I have used the GE-7 since I owned it, and that has never failed me.

The gain knob on it (1-20) uses a set of diodes to introduce clipping distortion. For the true Marshall sound, I dont let this knob roll past 12 oclock. However a few years ago I would just jack it when I was in a death metal band. Do the amp is versatile.

Dialed in, its a great amp. And its always a hell of a lot cheaper than any JCM 800.
It is the best of the series - though the 100w is slightly tighter and crisper.

I would put an MXR 10 band in front however....
Great choice, it's basically a supercharged JCM800 2204, which is what they used back then.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I dunno I thought the 900s were more modern voiced. I think you should try for a 800 or maybe a Laney AOR
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
I dunno I thought the 900s were more modern voiced. I think you should try for a 800 or maybe a Laney AOR

Yes they are. But that's the Dual Reverb and the SL-X. The Mk3 were aimed at the classic Marshall tone and classic Marshall players. hence it's a great choice.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Ahh I see, sorry guys Listen to Gabe, Much more knowing than I am
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Ahh I see, sorry guys Listen to Gabe, Much more knowing than I am

Hey no problem, it's an easy mistake to make. Most people when they say JCM900, they mean the Dual Reverbs. Which are VERY modern...

Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band