I am looking to buy a new guitar, thinking of a telecaster, but then is stumbled on the Epiphone B.B King Lucille

has anyone ever tried one of these? I know it's great for blues but is it good for other styles?

need answers please

also what is that varitone stereo switch?
The varitone is a passive tone filter, reducing excess bass and making the tone brighter, like BB King's sound.

I have heard/seen these, and I would say that you could play other styles of music with it, but think more crushing blues types of sounds - not for teh brootlalz if that's what you mean.

I would guess you can find some You Tube videos to check it out.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
of course i wouldnt play more than maybe a classic rock with it

does it sound a la chuck berry?
Joe Perry uses one a ton live - that white one with his wife on the front? That's a Lucille. You can use 'em for classic rock and etc.
would it be a good difference form my strat and my prs like guitar?

i wont be able to try one before hand that's why

isnt epiphone a bad quality?
Epiphone isn't BAD, you just have to buy their good models. I'd definitely go for it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
The varitone is a passive tone filter, reducing excess bass and making the tone brighter, like BB King's sound.

I have heard/seen these, and I would say that you could play other styles of music with it, but think more crushing blues types of sounds - not for teh brootlalz if that's what you mean.

I would guess you can find some You Tube videos to check it out.

Well not exactly. Varitone systems are passive tone filters but they really only filter out the highs. Of course it does depend which capacitors you are using but generally any capacitor in the .005 mfd to .1 mfd range cuts the highs. Here is an audio clip of a varitone tone control, http://www.diyguitarmods.com/diyprojects/varitonemod/index.html
Quote by ferguson911
also what is the use of the stereo out on the guitar?

With two output jacks you could go through two amps or send one channel through some effects while the other channel could be clean.

If you really went nuts you could rewire the guitar so that different pickups connect to different amps via the stereo output.
Wow, why did you just bring this thread back from the dead?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by ferguson911
I am looking to buy a new guitar, thinking of a telecaster, but then is stumbled on the Epiphone B.B King Lucille

has anyone ever tried one of these? I know it's great for blues but is it good for other styles?

need answers please

also what is that varitone stereo switch?

Hey,
I am afraid that I haven't tried this one yet but I do know about its varitone system. Its basically like a normal tone control however that rotary switch on the guitar allows you to choose 5 or 6 different capacitors to filter the highs through. It is a pretty handy thing to have. Cutting the tone and then having the signal go through a distortion pedal rather than the other way around will sound a lot different. cutting the high freqs before the pedal will make the distortion smooth out a bit. To see as similar varitone design check this out, www.diyguitarmods.com/diyprojects/varitonemod/index.html
Quote by TehMasterSword
Wow, why did you just bring this thread back from the dead?

haha wow I just realized that I am talking to a bunch of people from a year ago... either way its decent advice.