Hey people, I need to know what a chorus pedal does, I have no idea what-so-ever lol! Any suggestions for songs that use them? And what do people mean when they say a guitar has got a lot of "action"? Sorry if that's not the right context lol
Chorus pedal: it splits your guitar signal into different pitches to give a harmony
Knockin' On Heaven's Door by Guns N' Roses has one for the clean guitar parts I think

Action: How far away your strings are from the fretboard. High action = farther away from board, low action = closer to board
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Chorus is supposed to give the effect of more than one guitar at once. But i really cant hear it like that. It kida sharps and flats the pitch of what you play a little to give it a 3 dimensional feel. this can be subtle and vocal like or completley pitch bending. I like to think its more of a space echo...... Listen to Come as you are by Nirvana or Cold shot by Stevie Ray Vaghan. And action is the distance from strings and frets. Higher action meaning the strings are further from the fretboard and of course lower action is the opposite.
A chorus pedal gives that rich, swirling ("underwater") sound by the means black-sabbath mentioned. The best example of a song with chorus is Come As You Are by Nirvana, particualrly the opening riff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
ok got it, but what's the advantages/ disadvantages for having a high action for example?