Page 1 of 6
I am so angry with them. A few months ago, My xbox that was not even a year old got red rings. Meaning that it broke...The customer service was nice. It took about 3 weeks to come and go. I got a new xbox and a free month of Live.

Yesterday I got a 120GB Zune and could not wait to get started with it. I had problems and even posted a thread about it on here. I call today only to find out I have to return it and wait for a new one to come

Why would such a successful company sell products that do not work. The Xbox has a 36% failure rating, but is the best system around. I am not sure about the Zune but I here about a lot of faulty Zune.

Have you had a Microsoft product crap out on you that is almost expected to?

Discuss!
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
All my microsoft products work fine. I suspect all 360 failures are because of user errors. Console 'tards aren't the smartest breed (just play any x-box game online and you'll see).
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
All my microsoft products work fine. I suspect all 360 failures are because of user errors. Console 'tards aren't the smartest breed (just play any x-box game online and you'll see).

You can't blame bad craftsman ship on stupid gamers.

They were badly built, end of. Every one of my friends who bought one before the fix or didn't buy an elite had one die on them. That's not down to them being stupid, that's because they were ****tily made.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5

They were badly built, end of. Every one of my friends who bought one before the fix or didn't buy an elite had one die on them. That's not down to them being stupid, that's because they were ****tily made.

My mate's had his 360 since the day it came out. He's had no trouble with it atall. He actually looks after his 360, even though he plays on it about 5+ hours a day, it's still in great shape.

Like kensai said, Console 'tards.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by jimmyled
microsoft suck.
end of thread.

i bet you're posting on a microsoft computer though aren't you

microsoft doesn't suck, really. my dad used to work for sony and he said that a lot of sonys products are made like crap.
wat.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
My mate's had his 360 since the day it came out. He's had no trouble with it atall. He actually looks after his 360, even though he plays on it about 5+ hours a day, it's still in great shape.

Like kensai said, Console 'tards.

What Kensai said is wrong. Xbox's break because they're made cheaply and badly. Yeah, the people who play Xbox are generally stupid, but being a twat online doesn't cause them to break.

OMG OR DOES IT.
Quote by technocheese
i bet you're posting on a microsoft computer though aren't you

microsoft doesn't suck, really. my dad used to work for sony and he said that a lot of sonys products are made like crap.

Well, in that case Microsoft products must be made REALLY sh*ttily - PS3s tend to be very reliable. Xboxes, as we all know, do not.

And to Kensai's point, how could stupid gamers make xboxes break? There are plenty of tw*ts on Playstation Network, but PS3s are usually fine.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Tom_hatton
Xbox's just suck. I dunno about Zunes.

Either way, Microsoft > Apple.

xbox's don't suck. stop being a fanboy.
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Well, in that case Microsoft products must be made REALLY sh*ttily - PS3s tend to be very reliable. Xboxes, as we all know, do not.

The thing is you only hear about the ones that break. I've had an xbox for 2 years, had no problems at all with it. So have plenty of other friends.
wat.
Quote by technocheese
xbox's don't suck. stop being a fanboy.

How exactly am I fanboy? Xboxes do suck, it's impossible to deny it.
Quote by Tom_hatton
How exactly am I fanboy? Xboxes do suck, it's impossible to deny it.

because you're saying xbox's suck, when they clearly don't..
wat.
Quote by Tom_hatton
What Kensai said is wrong. Xbox's break because they're made cheaply and badly. Yeah, the people who play Xbox are generally stupid, but being a twat online doesn't cause them to break.

OMG OR DOES IT.

Stupidity is highly linked to things breaking, though. Just look at america and bush.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by technocheese
because you're saying xbox's suck, when they clearly don't..

They break when they shouldn't.

They have a good range of games but the consoles themselves are shit. And you need to learn what a fanboy actually is before you say stupid things.

Quote by Kensai
Stupidity is highly linked to things breaking, though. Just look at america and bush.

Quote by Tom_hatton

OMG OR DOES IT.

well, like i just said, he's had it since day 1. Played on it almost every day for a long time.

His is absolutely fine. Infact, we go over on weekends and have a good 12-24 hours with it switched on and its fine.

Badly made? I think not.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
well, like i just said, he's had it since day 1. Played on it almost every day for a long time.

His is absolutely fine. Infact, we go over on weekends and have a good 12-24 hours with it switched on and its fine.

Badly made? I think not.

He got lucky. My girlfriends has broken once, my friends has broken twice and there's countless stories on youtube.

Xboxes are badly made consoles. I'm surprised you idiots are even trying to argue this.

Quote by darkwolf291
xbox's dont suck..they were designed badly in the beginning, but they fixed it...they just overlooked a flaw in the design(a major one) with the cooling system. they dont suck, they just made a mistake in the design

They haven't fixed it. My friends broke at the start of November... he got it back 3 weeks after it broke. About 9 days after he got it back, it broke again.
Quote by technocheese
The thing is you only hear about the ones that break. I've had an xbox for 2 years, had no problems at all with it. So have plenty of other friends.

You've been pretty lucky then. I can honestly say that everyone I know who has one has had problems with it and eventually got the RRoD. And the 36% (or whatever it was) failiure rate speaks for itself.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Xbox 360's are made with a crappy design. I'll tell you why they get rrod. The solder points along the gpu and cpu become separated because these "x-clamps" that microsoft uses to put pressure on them and keep the solder points connected don't put on enough pressure. I like playing games on my box but that dosen't mean it has a flawless design. Quit being ignorant and accept the fact that it's not all user error.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Quote by darkwolf291
xbox's dont suck..they were designed badly in the beginning, but they fixed it...they just overlooked a flaw in the design(a major one) with the cooling system. they dont suck, they just made a mistake in the design

BUT OMGZ THAT MEANZ DEY AL SUCK COS MICROSOFT SUCK OMGOMG

Quote by Tom_hatton
He got lucky. My girlfriends has broken once, my friends has broken twice and there's countless stories on youtube.

Xboxes are badly made consoles. I'm surprised you idiots are even trying to argue this.

They haven't fixed it. My friends broke at the start of November... he got it back 3 weeks after it broke. About 9 days after he got it back, it broke again.

Stop being an elitist asshole. They don't suck.
wat.
Last edited by technocheese at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by darkwolf291

This is wrong, the main problem is still with the x-clamps, which they still haven't fixed.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Quote by technocheese
Stop being an elitist asshole. They don't suck.

Haha, I'm being elitist? You're the one who refuses to acknowledge his precious console might not be perfect.

Now, why don't you go and pwn some more n00bs on Halo?
Quote by Tom_hatton

I'm sorry, but, all in all, the way you're arguing, you seem lke a fan boy, which is not good.

Overall, I think the 360 is the best console, it has a great variety of games, it's a good price for a console.

The PS3 has some good games, but is way over-priced for what it is.

The wii's fun for about a wekk, then it becomes tedious and boring. Not worth it IMO.

The 360's are vunerable to hardware failures, but not many of these happen. People blame it too much on microsoft, when its a simple fix, and microsoft compensate with a free month's live.
I can't believe people kick up this much of a fuss about it.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha
Quote by Tom_hatton
Haha, I'm being elitist? You're the one who refuses to acknowledge his precious console might not be perfect.

Now, why don't you go and pwn some more n00bs on Halo?

When did i say it was perfect exactly?

And no, I much prefer Gears of War 2.

Now, why don't you stop being silly.
wat.
Well I suppose it is poorly made, but really the only way it'll get RROD is if you let it overheat, and tbh, leaving it in an open area and not covering the ventilation holes isn't exactly rocket science, but you do get tards who leave them in entertainment stations and stuff. I know they should be made better, and they are now, but it's not hard to look after an Xbox.

Gears Of War 2 ftw.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
The 360's are vunerable to hardware failures, but not many of these happen. People blame it too much on microsoft, when its a simple fix, and microsoft compensate with a free month's live.
I can't believe people kick up this much of a fuss about it.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm sharing my opinion on Xbox.

I never denied they didn't have a good range of games (I think I actually said that somewhere) and if it wasn't for the hardware failures, I'd consider getting one. But the amount that break and the customer service simply isn't good enough.

A free month online? Woopdedoo, but what if you don't like playing online? Besides, it doesn't make up for the fact that your console that you paid good money for broke and that you can't play games for however long it takes to 'repair', send it back and run the risk of it breaking again by daring to actually turn it on.

Quote by rhcp_freak
Well I suppose it is poorly made, but really the only way it'll get RROD is if you let it overheat, and tbh, leaving it in an open area and not covering the ventilation holes isn't exactly rocket science, but you do get tards who leave them in entertainment stations and stuff. I know they should be made better, and they are now, but it's not hard to look after an Xbox.

Oh, how silly of everyone! They put their games console in a place where it's designed to go! The idiots, honestly

And that isn't always necessarily true. My girlfriend leaves hers on top of her desk, and her first one still red-ringed.
Last edited by Tom_hatton at Dec 26, 2008,
^ x2, someone who speaks sense, jesus

The thing is mate you're the one who is saying they suck, when they clearly don't suck, you just don't like them. I don't like PS3s (hence why i bought an xbox) but i'm not telling everyone i think they are crap; even though xbox's are better
wat.
Last edited by technocheese at Dec 26, 2008,
I'm gonna have to agree with the guy that said most Microsoft things "break" because of the users. I've had my Xbox for over a year, never had a problem. I've had Vista since it got out, never had a problem. If you know how to use something, you aren't gonna break it.
Exactly. I'm not really a fan of PS3s, especially it's games. I'd much rather have my Xbox and look after it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by IRONxPANTERA
I am so angry with them. A few months ago, My xbox that was not even a year old got red rings. Meaning that it broke...The customer service was nice. It took about 3 weeks to come and go. I got a new xbox and a free month of Live.

Yesterday I got a 120GB Zune and could not wait to get started with it. I had problems and even posted a thread about it on here. I call today only to find out I have to return it and wait for a new one to come

Why would such a successful company sell products that do not work. The Xbox has a 36% failure rating, but is the best system around. I am not sure about the Zune but I here about a lot of faulty Zune.

Have you had a Microsoft product crap out on you that is almost expected to?

Discuss!

O rly?
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Oh, how silly of everyone! They put their games console in a place where it's designed to go! The idiots, honestly

And that isn't always necessarily true. My girlfriend leaves hers on top of her desk, and her first one still red-ringed.

Well if they weren't idiots, they'd realise that something that is prone to overheating would break in an enclosed place.

Was the place ventilated? I guess you do get unlucky sometimes.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I agree 100% with Tom_hatton.

My friend has had 9 different cases of RRoD.
Now had to buy the elite version as his warranty has ran out, or something like that, and he'll have to pay to repair it.
And if it fails another 9 nine times, that would cost the same as the elite version.

I think MS have produced a really poor console, and are only selling it on hype and blind fanboyism.

And the 360 does suck.
In my house, we have a PS3, Wii, and 360.
I can safely say that the PS3 is a supreme console. The quality of the games is a lot better then the 360 (graphically, and playability). And it can play blu-ray DVDs. And has free internet access, and has internet right out of the box, No need for plug-ins., and its wireless controllers are rechargeable via USB. No need for batteries.
The 360 is also REALLY loud [mechanically].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by druggietoad2k5

I've had mine for over a year and never had any problems with it. I even dropped it.
Quote by Simsimius
I agree 100% with Tom_hatton.

My friend has had 9 different cases of RRoD.
Now had to buy the elite version as his warranty has ran out, or something like that, and he'll have to pay to repair it.
And if it fails another 9 nine times, that would cost the same as the elite version.

I think MS have produced a really poor console, and are only selling it on hype and blind fanboyism.

And the 360 does suck.
In my house, we have a PS3, Wii, and 360.
I can safely say that the PS3 is a supreme console. The quality of the games is a lot better then the 360 (graphically, and playability). And it can play blu-ray DVDs. And has free internet access, and has internet right out of the box, No need for plug-ins., and its wireless controllers are rechargeable via USB. No need for batteries.
The 360 is also REALLY loud [mechanically].

You can repair the thing yourself, all you need are screws, screwdrivers, and some other stuff. I got a link off a different thread about it.

IMO, the games on the 360 are better than the ones on the PS3 and the Wii. That's just me though, other people might wanna create 'friends' in Little Big Planet instead of play Gears Of War 2.

The internet on the PS3 is shit. Whaddya expect? It's free.

My own 360 isn't loud, I can't hear it over the TV.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by rhcp_freak
The internet on the PS3 is shit. Whaddya expect? It's free.

What the hell is wrong with it?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
I want to chime in.

I have owned and played both, and both have pros and cons. I prefer PS3, but that's a personal preferenece because I like blu-rays and stuff.

The X-BOX has a failure rate of up to 30%, the standard failure rate of any game console is usually 3 to 5 %.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/136054/sony_claims_ps3_failure_rate_of_less_than_1_percent.html

How can you not justify this as bad design? I take care of my ****, I have a Honda Civic that is almost 14 years old and runs like new. My X-Box red ringed after 49 days. Microsoft has designed a bad product. They just won't admit it.

I'm an architecture student, and when we design something poorly and our professor looks at it and tells us that what we have made does in fact suck, we have to do it again.

Microsoft has to have a redesign of that console and make it work. Its not the users responsibility to treat the console like an ancient artifact, and even when you do, like i did, it still breaks.
Quote by Friendly Stoat
What the hell is wrong with it?

My friend owns a PS3, I've played on it. He hates the web browser himself. It's got a side bar instead of a normal address bar at the top, takes an absolute age to type a URL in, takes forever to load, and the selection key is useless.

I'd rather take a regular PC for gaming and using the internet than a PS3.

And Microsoft may have sorted the 360 out. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/microsoft/3538590/Xbox-360-Jasper-to-solve-red-ring-of-death.html
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Dec 26, 2008,