16 GB Sony Walkman. £88 on Amazon, I've got one and it's really good. They do an 8GB one for £70 or something as well.

Although out of those choices, Samsung.

EDIT: even better, it's only £78.29 now http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZ-S639FB-Video-Player-Tuner/dp/B001FB56PC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230305620&sr=8-1
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Dec 26, 2008,
^^ That looks really good actually, I'm seriously considering buying that instead.

EDIT: Too slow
Quote by Tom_hatton
^^ That looks really good actually, I'm seriously considering buying that instead.

EDIT: Too slow

The sound quality is good and the headphones are really nice too, and it's really nice to use, I recommend it
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
new ipods are alright, i'd get one of those. and if you don't like itunes can you not just use an ipod as a mass storage device?
wat.
You should get this.
I have on and it's absolutely brilliant. The sound quality is truly amazing, it plays every file format imaginable, it's easy to work, it can get rockbox on it, games, whatever you want, it's just amazing.
hello
Quote by Friendly Stoat
16 GB Sony Walkman. £88 on Amazon, I've got one and it's really good. They do an 8GB one for £70 or something as well.

Although out of those choices, Samsung.

EDIT: even better, it's only £78.29 now http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZ-S639FB-Video-Player-Tuner/dp/B001FB56PC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230305620&sr=8-1

+1

I have the 8gb version.
Absolutely fantastic.
I really like the EQ it has. Lets me use my headphones to the max.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by opc100
You should get this.
I have on and it's absolutely brilliant. The sound quality is truly amazing, it plays every file format imaginable, it's easy to work, it can get rockbox on it, games, whatever you want, it's just amazing.

Meh, I don't like touchscreens. Plus I'm only really looking to play music on it... it's a bit pricey for the memory I'm getting.
I personally don't like Ipods and Itunes, but if you're not getting one just because you don't like Itunes, then just use Winamp, it's Itunes compatible unlike WMP, even though WMP is hands down the best..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by Simsimius
+1

I have the 8gb version.
Absolutely fantastic.
I really like the EQ it has. Lets me use my headphones to the max.

I like the look of those.

Would you recommend me to get one?
wat.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Meh, I don't like touchscreens. Plus I'm only really looking to play music on it... it's a bit pricey for the memory I'm getting.

it has an sd card slot.
hello
If you're only using it for music, just saying, 8g is only like... Roughly around 2k songs. I'm on my 8g touch right now, and I hate it. Out of my 12k some songs, not even 1/4 of them fit. So there's size...

I'd go for the samsung.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Got the Nano 8gig. Great little thing, nice design and whatso. The music quality is great, and it has a good display, can watch movies or pictures in great quality. Imo, go for the Ipod, got mine 2 months ago, still no scratch on it, and it was worth the money.
Gear
Guitar: Ibanez SAS32EX
Amp: Marshall JCM800 4210
With the little help from a TS9
Quote by ..NEM..
I hate Swedes.
Another thing is, new iPods are coming out so often now that it'll be out of date in a year, maybe under that.
hello
Quote by technocheese
I like the look of those.

Would you recommend me to get one?

Yes. The Sony walkman mp3 players are fantastic.
I really like the EQ. Lets me adjust the sound with my headphones, so if I have too much treble in my ear, I can tame it. If my headphones are too quiet, I can boost the 2.5Khz range to give an increase in volume.

They also have a really simple to use interface and controls.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Yes. The Sony walkman mp3 players are fantastic.
I really like the EQ. Lets me adjust the sound with my headphones, so if I have too much treble in my ear, I can tame it. If my headphones are too quiet, I can boost the 2.5Khz range to give an increase in volume.

They also have a really simple to use interface and controls.

This, plus the headphones themselves are fantastic, as is the screen, it is compatible with iplayer downloads (I find them pretty useful ), and it is really great value. It has a good radio as well.

Why people buy ipods at their high prices is beyond me. I know a lot of people like them, I guess that's just me.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Friendly Stoat
This, plus the headphones themselves are fantastic, as is the screen, it is compatible with iplayer downloads (I find them pretty useful ), and it is really great value. It has a good radio as well.

Why people buy ipods at their high prices is beyond me. I know a lot of people like them, I guess that's just me.

I never understand why people iPods too.
REALLY overpriced. And look too contemporary.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Holy ****, that Sony is amazing! I was looking for a non-iPod MP3 player to store my CD collection on when I go to university, and I think I've found it! Thank you, Sam, aka Friendly Stoat
Quote by Simsimius
I never understand why people iPods too.
REALLY overpriced. And look too contemporary.

Yeah exactly. Plus I hate click wheels haha.

And no worries sashki!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Just buy the 1st generation Zune on eBay. You can get a brand new one for like $130. 30 GB, nice screen, and way cheaper than iPods.
Quote by dviv17
Just buy the 1st generation Zune on eBay. You can get a brand new one for like $130. 30 GB, nice screen, and way cheaper than iPods.

+1

Zunes are awesome.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by dviv17

Never used one, but the 8GB one is £160 here, which is ridiculous. And that's on Amazon, which is usually cheap.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
I just got an iPod Classic 120GB yesterday. It's actually pretty well made. I've had no problems with Apple/iPod so I suggest them. Other then that, I really liked the Zunes I've used.
iPod

i have a 5th gen 30gig video, and i love it. it has frozen a handful of times, but that is simple to fix. other than that, i havent had any problems with it. i've had it for 2 years.
I love my video iPod. =]
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by JackWhite333
Go with the ipod.....I love ipods I don't why everyone else on here doesn't..

Because they're overpriced and iTunes is wank.
Try to find a first gen. Zune. Those things are amazing. I have one myself and I love it to death. They are really big and bulky but they aren't really heavy and the screen is huge and looks amazing