Hey. Last night i got up after sitting down for 3 hours solid and walked to the kitchen but i felt a little faint. Normal right? But next thing i know i'm on my back shouting "WHAT THE FUX!". My mum helped my to my feet and sat me down and i felt blood trickling down my back. My mom said that i was walking to the kitchen and just blacked out and fell and hit my head on the marble stairs. Who the hell just blacks out right? So now im sitting here with "medical" glue over a crack in my head and im really concussed. What do you think the blacking out could be? Has this happened to anyone else?

Happy new year

EDIT: This thread is not spam before it gets closed for it.
Have you been eating and drinking enough water?

Obvious question, but were you wasted?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Sometimes, if you get up too fast the blood rushes to the rest of your body or brain or something like and can cause you to black out or feel faintish. Especially if you were sitting down for so long. That's probably what happened.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I did that once except I was playing basketball before our practice and I just slammed my head against the wall and I thought to myself i'm fine then I feel the back of my head and this blood is gushing out I was like sweet, but nah I need to go to a hospital so I waited 5 hours just for them to ****ing glue it together when they said I needed stitches.
It's ok dude, heroin will do that to you. You'll get used to it.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by boyan89
I did that once except I was playing basketball before our practice and I just slammed my head against the wall and I thought to myself i'm fine then I feel the back of my head and this blood is gushing out I was like sweet, but nah I need to go to a hospital so I waited 5 hours just for them to ****ing glue it together when they said I needed stitches.

SWEET but nahh man
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by jasonmetal love
Sometimes, if you get up too fast the blood rushes to the rest of your body or brain or something like and can cause you to black out or feel faintish. Especially if you were sitting down for so long. That's probably what happened.

yeah but i have never heard of anyone going unconsious from getting up too fast :/

and no i wasnt't wasted at all. i had a glass of champange
You sir, suffered from orthostatic hypotension. Basically, gravity causes blood to pool in your lower extremities and when you stand up your blood pressure drops significantly. This can cause dizzyness and fainting.
u have marble stairs! santa was kind then
trust me, you are a bloody idiot

i'll pwn u with my steel scratchplate!!!!
i know a guy who was constipated, and he was trying to s hit and he was pushing so hard that he blacked out and he went face first and got a hairline fracture below his eye, and a he had some blood vessel explode his face so he looked all f ucked up for like 2 months. oh, and btw the **** launched out while falling.
Quote by boyan89

yeah thats exactly what happened to me at A&E. it was a 3 hour wait to get seen then a 3 hour wait to get treated. GODDAMN NHS
Quote by princeofspades1
You sir, suffered from orthostatic hypotension. Basically, gravity causes blood to pool in your lower extremities and when you stand up your blood pressure drops significantly. This can cause dizzyness and fainting.

So the human body is meant to be so amazingly durable, yet some people can't even keep their consciousness during the simple act of standing up?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It could be, as noted, the blood rush. If however it's a persisting condition, you could suffer extremely low blood pressure. I pass out somewhat frequently due to it. You learn to recognize the symptoms (usually starts out with dizziness, followed by stomach pain and nausea, cold sweat, loss of vision, BAM) and try to counteract them (drink water, lay down, up salt intake, breath). You can sometimes feel low blood pressure without fainting. Sometimes, you feel light headed, nauseas, or clammy.

Might be something else though. Just offering my point of reference. See a doctor.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by rabidguitarist

So the human body is meant to be so amazingly durable, yet some people can't even keep their consciousness during the simple act of standing up?

Durable? The human body is anything BUT durable...

Now an elephant... THAT'S durable.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

eaten big christmas meal, lots of blood goes to help stomache out with the whole digesting shiz

you stand up quickly after having been sat down for ages, blood doesnt reach head fast enough? = blackout?

im not sure... im prob just chattin b/s but it makes sense to me :p
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
I just looked at your birthdate, and if its accurate this may be why

are you fairly tall?

It's been happening more and more to teens who grow "too fast" for their bodies to become used to
sometimes you body just can not balance and operate itself and you'll black out because of it.

my brother and I have both done it
as with a few others I know.

so that very well may be it, nothing to worry about and it most liekly wont happen much more, if ever.

It could just be a fluke.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
From Wikipedia:

Orthostatic hypotension can be a side effect of certain anti-depressants, such as tricyclics[6] or MAOIs.[7] It is also a side effect of the short-term use of marijuana.[8] Orthostatic hypotension can also be a side effect of alpha1 adrenergic blocking agents. Alpha1 blockers inhibit vasoconstriction normally initiated by the baroreceptor reflex upon postural change and the subsequent drop in pressure.[
Quote by princeofspades1
From Wikipedia:

Orthostatic hypotension can be a side effect of certain anti-depressants, such as tricyclics[6] or MAOIs.[7] It is also a side effect of the short-term use of marijuana.[8] Orthostatic hypotension can also be a side effect of alpha1 adrenergic blocking agents. Alpha1 blockers inhibit vasoconstriction normally initiated by the baroreceptor reflex upon postural change and the subsequent drop in pressure.[

In my experience with cannabis - really strong hashish can do this, if the user has only been smoking straight marijuana in the past.

I think it's more likely to be the "growing too fast" situation, I had the same thing.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
i know a guy who was constipated, and he was trying to s hit and he was pushing so hard that he blacked out and he went face first and got a hairline fracture below his eye, and a he had some blood vessel explode his face so he looked all f ucked up for like 2 months. oh, and btw the **** launched out while falling.

haha

Thaht is the funniest thing I've ever heard

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Aids.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
That happened to me once when I had drank way way way way too much alcohol.
I lost about 5 hours of time which I still can't remember no matter how much I'm prompted. It sucks.

Obviously that's different to what you're talking about, as I was still concious for those 5 hours, but it's also known as a blackout.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
This has happened to me once or twice. It's nothing big though, I asked my doctor and he said it was probably that I was a little dehydrated.
My Gear:

Schecter Tempest
Roland Cube 60
Boss DS-1
Vox V847A Wah
Quote by Stuminton
u have marble stairs! santa was kind then

Exactly what I was thinking.

I'm jealous.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
once in third grade, i stood up too fast, blacked out, and fell onto this girls chest. i was a hefty kid, she was a twig...

and i was out for 3 minutes...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko 9119
once in third grade, i stood up too fast, blacked out, and fell onto this girls chest. i was a hefty kid, she was a twig...

and i was out for 3 minutes...

sigged
Quote by rabidguitarist

Durable??? Are you stupid? We're so weak its pathetic.
OMFG.

I actually love doing this, if i'm sitting round playing xbox or something I purposely stand up REALLY fast just for that feeling and to stumble round and fall over..

It seriously makes my day.
yes this happens to me (fainting/dizziness/etc), unfortunately the doctor couldn't figure out why. but you should go see your doctor anyway. no medical threads.
from daylight...
...into darkness