Well, I just found something. I'm practicing in a room of my basement (my family said I was too loud to play in my room), and I notice a rattling noise. I replay the last note I played (10th on the G string), and realize it's coming from behind me. I turn around, and see a radio. It sounded like it was the speaker rattling. I figure out that the note I play was an F, and try all the other F's I can think of. They all make it rattle. Someone already explained to me what it is, but has anyone else ever had something like that before? We're having band practice in that room today, so I'm gonna have our guitarist test it and see if it happens to him too.
that'll note will cause the air around to vibrate at a certain frequency/ rate, meaning when the sound wave's come into contact with the radio's speaker cone it will cause it to vibrate, since the frequency of that note is the frequency of which the speaker cone natauraly vibrate's...or something. i dont know.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
i experienced something like that before but i had a button on my strap and it began to rattle :p

it´s like Daniel8488 said it has to do something with frequencies and air vibration..
Beer is fine.
Something in my bedroom rattles when I play a G (or a C, can't remember).

Same with my kitchen.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
This means you are close to the brown noise. Everyone who heard it will turn to zombies soon and begin seeking human flesh. I advise leaving the area immediately.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
resonance
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Now, if you were to play an F# 2 octaves lower than usual on the E string for a bass...
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
when i play a F my drummers snare goes crazy.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by Daniel8488
that'll note will cause the air around to vibrate at a certain frequency/ rate, meaning when the sound wave's come into contact with the radio's speaker cone it will cause it to vibrate, since the frequency of that note is the frequency of which the speaker cone natauraly vibrate's...or something. i dont know.

I don't think I could explain it in a different way. xD
+1
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
This
Quote by Daniel8488

and this

Quote by slogankid1
resonance

Resonance is when air vibrates at the natural frequency of an object,which is usually a specific note, causing the object to vibrate and produce sound waves at the same frequency but quintessentially at a louder amplitude.
/rant
this sucks
Quote by sadistic_monkey
That frequency just happens to affect that object. A C# on my bass affects my friends snare drum. It's annoying.

There's a note that does that for my drummer too. He can't bring his drumset to practice, so we bought a old, loose 4 piece for him for $20 (it was supposed to be $30, but our drummer didn't bring his $10...); we haven't gotten the snare tight enough to sound right, but when I play, of course, THEN it works...

Thanks for the explanations, but like I said, someone I know already explained it to me when I showed it to him.
Last edited by herby190 at Dec 27, 2008,
Constructive interference caused by resonance my dear friend.

Every object has a natural frequency that it is constantly vibrating at, if waves of that exact same frequency come into contact with that object the object will resonate and be forced to vibrate with a higher amplitude (more energy).
You sir have found the death note...when you play it, all musical devises (Such as a radio) will sound out in harmony with the note you played...THEN a week later you will die. You should trick the system by killing yourself today!
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Low G on my bass makes my bedroom windows vibrate.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Low G on my bass makes my bedroom windows vibrate.

Does it work with other G's too?
Quote by herby190
Does it work with other G's too?

Not as effectively.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
You get it on a bus too, when the engine hits a certain RPM it gets the windows resonant frequency and they rattle around in their cheaply constructed frames.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?