I got some money for xmas and i was looking to buy a new practise amp, im currently using a gear4music 15 watt amp which i got free, its terrible so i wanted to replace it because a new guitar is on its way.

my new guitar is an alexi-200 and i play pretty much every kind of metal, i go from hammerfall to children of bodom to cradle of filth in like an hour. so far ive looked at the orange crush 10 and the marshall MC10CD, if you have any tips for me please send them and if theres some similarly priced amps ive over looked tell me!

thanx
Don't get either. The Crush is a decent amp but not suited for metal, and the MG...searchbar is the name of the game. It sucks arse.

Roland Microcube sounds perfect for you.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If you want a nice, versatile practice amp. I'd go for a Peavey Vypyr.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you can, give the Kustom 12 Gauge a try. It has a 12 inch speaker and only runs $100 (US). I have it and I love it. Note, though, I play through pedals so I don't use the on board effects or distortion at all.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
would the crush work better for metal if i used a distortion pedal? (probably a stupid question)
No.
Get a Vypyr or Cube.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I've gone through a number of amps and haven't really found one I was satisfied with until I started using a pedal. The distortion pedal combined with the large 12" speaker in the kustom makes for a killer bottom end. The mids and highs can be adjusted by the pedal so I can really dial in the sound I'm looking for. It all comes down to personal preference obviously... This set up is what I've finally found that I'm happy with.

Officially, here's my set up...

Guitar -> Cry Baby Classic -> DigiTech DF7 -> DigiTech CF7 -> DigiTech DigiDelay -> Amp
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge