I just basically want to finish my guitar in a clear or maybe an oiled finish.

If it was clear i was going to get some of this: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_206575_langId_-1_categoryId_165495 How many cans would i need to coat the whole body. And also what process do you recommend to apply it? Does anything else have to be applied before like grain filler or Sanding sealer?

This is my guitar
if thats the wenge build i am thinking of, you are going to have a bitch of a time finishing you. you will need lots of grain filler, then seal it, then probably 4-5 cans of that stuff to put on about 8-12 coats. i recommend using polyurethane, some say lacquer is best, and logically speaking thats extremely ignorant, people just like it because its old and traditional.
Quote by LP Addict
if thats the wenge build i am thinking of, you are going to have a bitch of a time finishing you. you will need lots of grain filler, then seal it, then probably 4-5 cans of that stuff to put on about 8-12 coats. i recommend using polyurethane, some say lacquer is best, and logically speaking thats extremely ignorant, people just like it because its old and traditional.

Thanks alot Lp yea it is the wenge build your thinking of, i posted a question in it but no one answerd for over an hour or so. So would i first grain fill, then sand, then some sanding sealer, sand again, then between coats keep sanding the lacquer? IM new to this lol, my first doing anything like this
tung oil. tung oil is ****ing beautiful! if you doubt the effects of tung oil check out my custom build, it's a pretty remarkable transformation
Quote by EclipseNine
tung oil. tung oil is ****ing beautiful! if you doubt the effects of tung oil check out my custom build, it's a pretty remarkable transformation

I will have a look at your build eclipse, do you think in this case of wenge its better than clear laquer?