Ok so I changed the strings in my Lp for the first time and now every-time I play or just let it sit for a while everything goes out of tune.
I think the prior strings were 9's or 10's and i just replaced em' with d'addario 10's.

Anyone want to help?
stretch them, just do i bunch of bends and stuff, re-tune, and repeat, it should take a few times, thats just what new strings do
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I usually pull out the strings until they stop dropping
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)
Stretch the strings ( i.e pull them away from your guitar neck, at the 12th fret. Really strecth them but not too much so theyll snap. Then re tune. repeat. Then play lots of bends and play hard for 15 mins. retune. you should be good to go.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Its already been said, but i heard eddie van halen would boil his strings to stretch them out before he put them on... Would be a cool thing to mythbust if anyone wants to try it...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
What they said, it also helps to wrap them in spirals as opposed to having the string wrap over itself on the tuner. If you do that when you tighten the string it tends to slip over itself on the tuning peg every once in awhile causing it to continue to go out of tune. In other words, do it like this:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/471722/2/Acoustic_guitar__Tuning_knobs.jpg

I don't have the extra bit go under the first wrap around like that one does but just try to keep to the uniform spiral in either case.
you shouldnt boil new strings, it takes all the tensions out of them...ayou can boil old strings to give them more life, but not new ones.

if you stretch the string all the way down the neck pulling them 1 - 2 inches away from the neck for about 20 seconds on each, then tune up and do the same again, tune again should stay in.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Once again...it's the NME, they're notorious for being dumbasses. I know that, and I live in Texas for Christ's sake!

"If you think you've got it, shove it out, run it up the flagpole, and see who salutes it."
MATTVL's pic shows the recommended way to wrap strings around the post (including the first wrap over the protruding string end - which is bent 90 Degress as it exits the hole). It's really important to have a neat wrap with sufficient turns on the finer strings to avoid slippage. As mentioned, stritching new strings is important too. Also, if your strings are larger they may bind in the nut slots so nut lube placed in the slots under the strings (sparingly) will help.
Moving on.....
Quote by DaddyBarbs
Its already been said, but i heard eddie van halen would boil his strings to stretch them out before he put them on... Would be a cool thing to mythbust if anyone wants to try it...

Boiling new strings won't do a thing to stretch them out before putting them on the guitar. What it might do is to remove any residual oils left over from the manufacturing process. But EVH is a freak with guitars so who knows. I'm not about to do it on any of mine.