ok everybody, im getting an ibanez five string ATK delivered from musicians friend next week, and im not so sure what i should do for a setup. well, im not exactly sure how to set it up.. lol. so i need some advice on how to set it up when it arrives

also, im going out to guitar center for new strings for it, and i have no clue which to get. i do lot of slap/pop and funk, so any suggestions?
ALL HAIL DETHKLOK UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!
Quote by TooFast
I'd drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie.

Add Me on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/allannoe
It really should be set up for you when it arrives. Although, it'll probably be a 'medium' setup - not too high, not too low. If you want to tweak it, there's instructions in the FAQ thread.

As for strings, my bro-in-law swears by D'Addario XL's on his ATK.
Setup and strings are really going to come down to personal preference. For slap, I like a lower setup and lighter gauge strings. I use either Stadium Elites or Rotosound, in the lightest guage you can buy. Bear in mind--I am probably in the minority in this forum on the gauge side.
Rotosounds, your choice of them, but there really nice strings.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by anarkee
Setup and strings are really going to come down to personal preference. For slap, I like a lower setup and lighter gauge strings. I use either Stadium Elites or Rotosound, in the lightest guage you can buy. Bear in mind--I am probably in the minority in this forum on the gauge side.

Im with you there. Lighter gauges are so nice. Suits me perfectly.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by anarkee

Wait...you do get Stadiums in the USA these days? Still, Elites (or my choice DR's) in a superlight gauge on an active bass, is well into that Mark King territory soundwise.