got a decent amount of money for xmas, and its taken me up to £500, what guitar would you recommend for within that price range?

it should have a good trem bridge, be a decent weight (thats not overly important, but i do like a sorta heavy ish body), and be good for metal.

also if you have any cheaper suggestions with a combo of a good pickup set would be good too. like i was thinking bout a Jackson KE3 and swapping pickups to DiMarzios.
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Ibanez Xiphos. Passive DiMarzios that sound great, Mohogany body, maple neck, neck-through, you'll like it.

Also, a Schecter Hellraiser, the higher-end ones are great.
yeah i love the Hellraisers but aren't they a bit higher than £500 tho?

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
You could do a Jackson Pro Series KE3 Kelly for right around £500.

There are also several LTDs (by ESP) in that price range that are pretty agressive.

Ibanez guitars abound at this price point but they tend to be rather light weight.
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/2339-michael_kelly_hex_deluxe_electric_guitar , it has EMG81/85 and an OFR.
It looks good, im going to try it when I go into glasgow this weekend to see whats its like and ill be able to tell you more about if after if you want
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
that looks not too bad, but id rather schecter jackson or ibanez, dunno why but those are the brands im drawn too most. let me know how it plays tho please

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
^That's a good model, look into it!

Also look into...

- Ibanez RG1570, classic shred Prestige. Edge Pro bridge (great solid bridge), HSH and basswood body. Plus free hardcase!

- Jackson DKMG, EMGs, LFR (direct swap for an OFR) and traditional Jackson blackness.

- Washburn X40PRO EMG, EMGs, Schaller trem and HSH pickups.
Quote by craig_mccann
that looks not too bad, but id rather schecter jackson or ibanez, dunno why but those are the brands im drawn too most. let me know how it plays tho please

Will do, I should be going tomorow so ill be able to tell what its like if they still have it in the shop
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Mwoit
^That's a good model, look into it!

Also look into...

- Ibanez RG1570, classic shred Prestige. Edge Pro bridge (great solid bridge), HSH and basswood body. Plus free hardcase!

- Jackson DKMG, EMGs, LFR (direct swap for an OFR) and traditional Jackson blackness.

- Washburn X40PRO EMG, EMGs, Schaller trem and HSH pickups.

its funny you should post them, i was actually looking at both the ibanez and the jackson, altho i dont think my regular shops have them.

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Mwoit

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a epiphone les paul (heavy) and I play metal .Its good for any kind of music.
Quote by gunstallica
I have a epiphone les paul (heavy) and I play metal .Its good for any kind of music.

i have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and really dont think its that great for metal, plus im looking for 1 with a trem system too

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
+1

i have an edwards LP, and while it's great for hard rock, i'm not too fussed with it for metal, it's not really tight enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
While it doesn't have a trem, I've really enjoyed my Dean EVO Special Select for playing rock/metal in standard tuning. Perhaps something else in their line would work for you.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
While it doesn't have a trem, I've really enjoyed my Dean EVO Special Select for playing rock/metal in standard tuning. Perhaps something else in their line would work for you.

oh no Dean are 1 of the brandsiv always wanted to stay away from, as is BC Rich,thanks anyway

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
I just got back from the shop and the Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe plays amazing, it even sounded good through a Marshall MG10CD, the neck is a flat "C" shape and the cut away for the higher frets is very comfatable, the EMG's sound amazing and it was the first time I have played then and i was very impresed. To sum up it is a rely good guitar for the price and i would give it 9/10, the only problem is that it doesn't come with a hard case
I wish I could of played it longer to give you a better review but my house was broken into so I had to get back, and I will hopfull be geting the Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe sometime next year because it imoressed me that much
Hopfully that helps you
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
I'd have to agree with the guys on the RG1570, or you could get the Washburn X50 Pro FE which has EMG 81/85's pickups. I prefer the EMG's to the stock RG1570 pickups, but at the same time, the RG is much slimmer (both neck and body), has better upper-fret access and has a great quality whammy bar.
Quote by craig_mccann
oh no Dean are 1 of the brandsiv always wanted to stay away from, as is BC Rich,thanks anyway

Fair enough! All tastes are personal, after all.

I'm curious, though, about the "why" of it. Is there a particular reason you don't care for Deans?
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
if its just for meatal then WMD WARBEAST!!!!!!!!!

He said that he doesn't like B.C Rich Or Dean's, whick I think it a bit weird because to me they are the two of the main metal guitar brands.
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
save another £150 and get a dean.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by bazzabalboa
save another £150 and get a dean.

Once again he doesnt like deans. Im a Dean guy and u can get better equipeted guitars for the price, the look isnt everything, sadly
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
He said that he doesn't like B.C Rich Or Dean's, whick I think it a bit weird because to me they are the two of the main metal guitar brands.

He may not want to be stereotyped. He may have heard bad things about them. Who knows?

FWIW, I've got my EVO and my Caddy, and if I buy another Dean out of the current body styles, it will be a Hardtail. I'm just not one for "pointy" guitars- I like the way they look, but they are not comfortable for me to play.
basically the main reason i dont like Dean or BC are cos of the body shapes, i know looks aren't the most important thing but i dont want an ugly guitar,thanks anyway for the suggestions.

im getting quite interested in the RG1570 and also that Jackson DKMG, however, none of the shops close to mean stock either of them

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
you aren't a million miles from guitar guitar in edinburgh (it's in the west end of edinburgh which is the right end for you, along the main road in from the airport so is pretty easy to find, too), they had ibanezes and jacksons last time I was in. phone or email them first, though, to make sure they have them in stock...

that's what i'd do if i were you, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by craig_mccann
basically the main reason i dont like Dean or BC are cos of the body shapes, i know looks aren't the most important thing but i dont want an ugly guitar,thanks anyway for the suggestions.

In the interest of fairness and honesty, I don't like 99% of the pointy guitars out there, theirs included. I simply don't find them comfortable to play.

However, there are several Deans that aren't like that and have more traditional appearance. More rounded, at least.

So if its just appearance that is keeping you away from Deans, take another look at their website and check out the EVOs, Cadillacs, Hardtails, Solteros, Vendettas, Palominos and Sarasotas.
ESP LTD M-1000?!?!?! it has original floyd rose, EMG 81/60, mahogany body, heavyish, everything u want in a guitar for metal, it has
and the ibanez iceman kicks ass and looks sexy while doing it...like a spy chick on a james bond movie or sarah in chuck
Quote by mamosa
and the ibanez iceman kicks ass and looks sexy while doing it...like a spy chick on a james bond movie or sarah in chuck

Oh yeah- I like the Iceman's looks! Glad to hear someone likes them as instruments and not just works of art.

Visually, it makes me think its a cross between the Dean Cadillac (I own one) and the Fernandes Ravelle (I want one).

Someday, perhaps...
Jackson DKMG, KE3, RR3? The Kelly and the Rhoads really don't need pickup swaps, I don't know why so many people think they're Duncan Designed.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40