My band is going to be playing a show on January 16th. The show is for a bunvh of scene/hardcore kids ages 15-20 and I was wondering if you guys had any advice as to a few songs that we could play for them. We're planning on playing four to six of our songs and then a good four or five covers, but I was hoping to get some input from some of you as to which songs we should play that they would enjoy. Tuning is not a factor either, we just want everybody to enjoy the show and with us being a melodic death metal band, I'm not sure if they'll be into our style. All input is greatly appreciatted.

Thanks,

-Jason
Slave To The Shred
play "You are the Dream unicorn" by the blood brothers 5 times in a row

/thread. thankyou.
mmm maybe Machine Head's Imperium is a right choice or Slayer's Bloodline
If you guys are more Death Metal, try some HateBreed or DevilDriver (End of the line is a good choice)
And as much As I hate them, If the audience is more hardcore you could try slipknot I think
And remember a Metallica song is ALWAYS welcome!
Good luck, If you record something and upload it to youtube give me a call :P
Scene kids will make themselves look like idiots to anything, i've seen them hxc dancing to Metallica so expect it no matter what you play. Play some Bathory and Necrophagist to get the metalheads to beat the **** outta them.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
As Blood Runs Black- In Dying Days is a good choixe.
we do it and it works every time.
mainstream is what they like.
stay true to yourself tho.
maybe some as i lay dying, devildriver is good^, black dahlia?, all that remains, all shall perish, Bodom?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by shadesofanger
Scene kids will make themselves look like idiots to anything, i've seen them hxc dancing to Metallica so expect it no matter what you play. Play some Bathory and Necrophagist to get the metalheads to beat the **** outta them.

+1
We were planning on playing some Bodom, but we figured that the kids around here wouldn't be into it seeing as how I'm one of 10 people in this entire city who listens to Bodom. Thanks for all of the input though guys. We've decided on which songs were playing:

The Sound of Truth - As I Lay Dying
Black Gold Reign - All Shall Perish
Procession of the Fates - The Human Abstract
Awaken the Dreamers - All Shall Perish
Hate Me - Children of Bodom

Thanks again for the input.

-Jason
Slave To The Shred