Hello,

I've just found/joined the UG community...so, Hi All!

My name's Steve, and I've owned several hand-made guitars since my Dad (a luthier) built me my first custom electric (a Strat clone...only much nicer ) at age 12.

I've still got that guitar 22 years later, it still plays like a dream.

It's has a 2-piece ash body, a beautifully marked flame maple neck, two single-coil pickups & a humbucker (all Seymour Duncan).

I'll post a picture.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community, and I look forward to making a contribution.

Kind regards,
Steve
Welcome to the community! If you need any help with anything, there's a bunch of people willing to give you a hand!

P.S. There's a forum designated for introductions, but nobody cares lol.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by skaterkevin87
Welcome to the community! If you need any help with anything, there's a bunch of people willing to give you a hand!

his intro was so nice I don't think anyone could care

lol
WELCOME! Even though I'm not part of this particular forum so much, unless i'm lookin for wiring diagrams, you'll probably find intrests in other parts of the forum as I'm guessing you play guitar and have for 22 years, so I'm sure your insight would be appreciated in Musician talk and advanced techniques perhaps, and you might wonder into the pit...a mindless pit of immaturity packed with hilarity and entertainment.

WELCOME TO UG

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
just don't expect nice messages in the pit. the pit will rape you brutally. but anyways... welcome
Quote by skaterkevin87

That's very kind of you, and nice to know! Cheers!

Quote by skaterkevin87

Oops. Sorry. Newb mistake...

Quote by marko'd
ooh pics of your strat
we wantt please

I'll dig them out...can we post pics direct here, or do I need to Flikr them?

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, folks!

Steve
Quote by randomhero93
just don't expect nice messages in the pit. the pit will rape you brutally. but anyways... welcome

Yeah, and putting your full name as your username wasn't the best idea either haha, no worries though, and welcome to UG.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Yeah, by the way, do NOT wander into the pit unless you want to laugh for 10 hours straight or possibly never find your way out of the pit. If you do leave the pit after a visit, you might feel a bit dirty...
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
You guys make the pit sound like a wretched hell hole.

It's not.
It's actually quite mild relative to most other forums out there.

I look through it all the time.
Quote by randomhero93

just avoid the pit all together, just stay here with the cool people

oh yeah, welcome to GB&C
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
well here in the GB&C we are a clean and industrious people. there is designated threads for templates, wirings, pedals, etc. check out the customizing gallery, its very cool. theres also a question for invader jim thread, which started as a simple question for a GB&C regular, which got spammed to hell and is now sort of the office watercooler here. yeah the mods are pretty cool here. oh, and the resident celebrity is Perry Orsmby, a pro luthier from australia, check out his threads often, as they're pretty cool. just a sec ill add some links.

EDIT: The Shark: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710052&highlight=ormsby+shark

The Tiger: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=982293&highlight=ormsby+shark
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Last edited by Ribcage at Dec 26, 2008,
Welcome to UG. Most of us are pretty cool and like to help people but sometimes a**holes do show up and try to start trouble. Don't let them get to you. Once again Welcome to UG and post some pics of that strat. I've got pics of my gear in my profile if you want to see it.
Welcome Steven, it seems now that I'm not the only one here with their full name for their username!

I hope to see some of your builds soon.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Hey Steve, welcome. im pretty new myself aswell, its pretty cool here but the guys are right, the pit is harsh , anyway i wanna see your strat Gabes
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Hey, guys!

Once again, I'm pretty overwhelmed with your warm welcome.

I can see I'm gonna enjoy being here!

'The Pit' sounds like fun...if it's anything like some of the 'offline' pits I've moshed in, I'll feel right at home

I'll whack up some pics of my custom Strat tomorrow when I'm back home (spending Xmas with my Wife's family)

Cheers folks

Steve
Welcome Steve! Glad to see you here, man.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
YAY! New people are fun! anyway, avoid the pit! it leads to warnings and bannings
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
^i think you mean avoid the pit it leads to rape, ???, profit, necrophilia and other fun things(im a hybrid of pitmonkey + gb&c nut) lol so have fun

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
i go in both, that's why i've accumulated 3 warnings so far. I actually told my friend to do a barrel roll the other day

Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I used to post in the pit but now I usually stay in one of these 3 forums GB&C, EG or GG&A. Sometimes I visit the metal forum too. There's just too much B.S. in the Pit.

I go in the pit when I want to laugh. Most of the time, I stay in these forums (4260+ posts FTW)
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
4260? Holy Christ, that's alot.

Oh, last thing, PLEASE don't post in a thread that's been dead for more than two weeks. Some of us subscribe to threads to get updates and there's nothing more annoying than "new update to thread X" in my email then to go there and see "hey, nice build man" or "updates?"

Also, for a laugh or two, search Austinzor and read his build thread. It's just wrong. I'll find the link.

EDIT: Found it! Epic failure at it's finest. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840710&page=1&pp=20

good for a laugh or two

Last edited by bv310 at Dec 26, 2008,
Hello!
And welcome to UG!
I'm beginning to like this forum quite a bit myself...

I'm gonna try a custom build sometime next year.
Last edited by unet at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by bv310
4260? Holy Christ, that's alot.

Oh, last thing, PLEASE don't post in a thread that's been dead for more than two weeks. Some of us subscribe to threads to get updates and there's nothing more annoying than "new update to thread X" in my email then to go there and see "hey, nice build man" or "updates?"

Also, for a laugh or two, search Austinzor and read his build thread. It's just wrong. I'll find the link.

EDIT: Found it! Epic failure at it's finest. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840710&page=1&pp=20

good for a laugh or two

inorite?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
icwutudidthar. I'm watching you.

nice

I gotta stop doing that. It's an unfortunate skill of mine

anyway, welcome to GB&C, Stevo. Enjoy your stay.

/thread

Welcome
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
hey Steve.

you have many guitars built by Daddy, yes? do share...

welcome to UG.
bass forum>pit
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
welcome to the GB&C, i think you'll like it here
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Hey, Welcome!!

I don't think I'll ever contribute with anything but questions... But I like it here.

I was temped to ask where should I place a MultiFX here instead on the Gear forum... but that'd be against the guidelines. It's just that there's a whole lotta knowledge here that you can't find anywhere else.

Cheers!
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore