Most of my favourite guitarists (at least those who can play properly) practiced 6-10 hours a day to get as good as they are. Of course, practice makes perfect, but these days, with homework and exams coming up soon, I don't know if I can practice as much as they do.

I have practiced UP TO 6 hours a day, and taht was only on rare occassions. Usually about 2 hours daily. Fortunately, right now during the holidays I can play a lot more, but most of the year, I can't find the time to practice that much.

I play as much as I want to. I don't force myself to practice for a certain number of hours, but this method will never get me anywhere.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Sorry if this is pointless. I needed to rant.
2 hours a day is pretty good, actually. I'm lucky to get in 1 during school. And typically its not how long you practice, but how efficiently you practice. So try and make your practices as efficient as possible. Try getting an egg timer, and working on different techniques for 5 minutes at a time. Also, using a metronome while you practice will help, too.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Man if you practice hard, then youre golden. After a certain amount of time, I know I stop playing seriously or get too tired anyways. Push yourself during practice and you will improve greatly. Use metrtonome
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
I'm a senior in high school still, so I have lots of spare time seeing as how I don't have a job anymore (long story). I don't set a specific amount of time, but I do force myself to play. Like when I'm doing something that doesn't require all of my attention, I play my guitar. But then again, I play too much sometimes. I play when I'm eating breakfast, checking my e-mail, writing this, etc. Anyway, some days, I just don't have time.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Depends how good you want to be in 5 more years. Sometimes I play 8 hrs but usually 4-6. If you want to be really good and make a living..(people work at least 8 hrs) so if you want to work with a guitar, 6-8 hrs will help. If you just play for fun...play whenever you want.
Quote by sashki
Most of my favourite guitarists (at least those who can play properly) practiced 6-10 hours a day to get as good as they are. Of course, practice makes perfect, but these days, with homework and exams coming up soon, I don't know if I can practice as much as they do.

I have practiced UP TO 6 hours a day, and taht was only on rare occassions. Usually about 2 hours daily. Fortunately, right now during the holidays I can play a lot more, but most of the year, I can't find the time to practice that much.

I play as much as I want to. I don't force myself to practice for a certain number of hours, but this method will never get me anywhere.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Sorry if this is pointless. I needed to rant.

They didnt do homework or go to school they played guitar.

Ibanez S2170 Purple Chameleon finish
Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
I used to do 2/3 hours but now I barely get an hour and sometimes can't be bothered because i'm so tired from a long day in college and all of the homework and essays, kinda sucks.
Quote by Tempoe
Depends how good you want to be in 5 more years. Sometimes I play 8 hrs but usually 4-6. If you want to be really good and make a living..(people work at least 8 hrs) so if you want to work with a guitar, 6-8 hrs will help. If you just play for fun...play whenever you want.

I want to be "good enough" and I want to start a band, in which I want to play the occasional solo.

At the moment I want to get my chops up so I can at least cover Ozzy songs with fast solos.
Quote by sashki
I want to be "good enough" and I want to start a band, in which I want to play the occasional solo.

At the moment I want to get my chops up so I can at least cover Ozzy songs with fast solos.

Learn Bark At The Moon, that has a blazin' solo in it.
Quote by VikingK0ng
They didnt do homework or go to school they played guitar.

Don't you have to have decent grades to make it into Berklee...?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
luckily I go to a bogan enough school to not have too much homework and most assignments are in class.

I practise ALLL the time I'm home, school days probably 3 hours a day after I get home, holidays like 6-8 hours.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic