I've been playing for 7 months, and I'm decent, but not great. I'm really not sure what I should practice. I usually just learn songs and learn the techniques in them, but I think I've stopped progressing. I'm not too sure what I should be practicing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)
Anything "core" or metal. I like Suicide Silence, Job For A Cowboy, and Lamb of God the most.
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Ibanez 7321
hmm..

I like Lamb of God, they're in my top 10 :P

more thrash stuff.

Umm well most... well nearly all Lamb of God songs are tuned weirdly, If you can do tabs, try Vigil by Lamb of GOd, its only in Drop D tuning.

But for actual practise I dunno. I've been playing for 2 or 3 months, umm Scales, have you learnt anything on them?
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
Yeah, pentatonic and modes.
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Ibanez 7321
Quote by EddyPlaysMetal
Umm well most... well nearly all Lamb of God songs are tuned weirdly, If you can do tabs, try Vigil by Lamb of GOd, its only in Drop D tuning.

Eh? Isn't most of their stuff like in Drop D?

As for TS, look into learning some improv like blues improve (if you can't improve the blues, you can't improv!) and maybe look into playing with other guitarists. Learn from them and you'll be a better player yourself! For actual material to learn, most guys learn Crazy Train by Ozzy to start off some soloing (well, that's what my bro done) and learn use Metallica rhythms to get some picking practice.
well I only know pentatonic lol...

hmm, just go over what you already know I guess, and theres always more stuff to learn.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
I might actually jam with my friend today. I play a bunch of Metallica actually . And all of Lamb of God's stuff is in Drop D.
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Ibanez 7321
woops I just realized that. Must have been thinking of something else

Metallica's good, and theres so much of it to play.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
Other things you could do are read up on theory (modes, chords, how to make chords, time signatures) and listen to different types of music such as jazz, pop, rock, bluegrass, country etc.

I read up on some theory (helps when you've got some friends who either know it or trying to learn it!) and ended up listening to some more weird stuff like Zappa, Beefheart, Meshuggah and some bebop which to be frank, is damn catchy and cool!