yea you should be able to just screw it in.

as far as the springs go you can check on the back(remove the plate) to see how many are allready there. usually its 3. i dont know why they would give them to you uninstalled. hook them up if theres none there. search for some pictures of a strat trem cavity to see how they are hooked up if you dont know.

hope that helps.
gian
thanks gian, it did screw in and it works, but the bar doesnt really press down. im not really sure what to expect because i have always played acoustic until yesterday.
I was kind of expecting it to press down like a guitar hero controller, lol
The trem arm will screw into the block. Just snug the arm, don't over tighten it or it will cause damage to the block. The guitar should have 3 spring installed, but can handle up to five. For most 3 spring are all that is need for the for the stock string which are 9s. If you are going to use heavier strings you will need more springs. Also, if you are going to lock the trem down to the body, you should use all 5 springs.
Quote by wilterin
thanks gian, it did screw in and it works, but the bar doesnt really press down. im not really sure what to expect because i have always played acoustic until yesterday.
I was kind of expecting it to press down like a guitar hero controller, lol

No problem