So I bought me a VC15 about 1.5, 2 years ago, and i really love it. Recently I started having some problems with volume fluctuations. I usually play with the volume at around 3, and the volume sometimes drops to about half for a couple of minutes, then goes back to where it was originally, only to drop again in a few more minutes. Figuring the amp's quite old, and that I've never changed the tubes in it I thought the power amp tubes must have gone bad.

I took my amp to a local store and let them change my power amp tubes to a pair of JJs, and had them rebias the amp. Problem is though, when I came home, I still have the same problem. It actually doesn't really happen quite as often now, but still, it does most certainly happen.

What could the problem be? Is it the preamp tubes? Should I buy a new one and try changing it for the old ones one at a time to see if one of them is bad?
Get a new cable. I had problems with that, I think that's it. Either that or a bad connection in the input jack or something
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
Just don't send it back for repairs. I've tried it twice now and all they do is change the valves again.

No idea what the problem is though.
Quote by FullTank
Get a new cable. I had problems with that, I think that's it. Either that or a bad connection in the input jack or something

I only use quality cables. But since I always run 4 cables at the same time (one pedal in front of the amp, and one in the loop) it actually might be a good idea to try playing with just one of them for a while. I'll try the other input jack of the amp too.
I have that exact same problem in my VC30. I was going to take it into my local shop to get it checked out next week.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4