I recently got a spider valve, but when i plug my ibanez Rgr420ex into it, it causes some really loud high pitched feedback, i put on the noisegate, and that helps a little bit, but i have to enable it every single time i change a setting or i get the feedback, anyone have any ideas on what i could do the reduce it?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1 Lower the gain

Also were are you placing the noise gate? out front of in the loop?

The Spider's have built in noisegates, I think that's what he's refering to.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
what are your settings?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
what are your settings?

alright the settings are = Drive 10
Bass 6
mid 8
treble 6
Channel Volume 10
Reverb 5
Masters 2
Presence 5
sorry if this sounds dumb but gain=drive right? this is only my 2nd amp and the other one just had a crunch knob, the bass mid and treble, and masters
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
Gosh...turn your gain AND your channel volume down. Wait...what model are you using? Is it on crunch or something higher gain? Try drive 8 and volume 6-7
Quote by sg4ever
Gosh...turn your gain AND your channel volume down. Wait...what model are you using? Is it on crunch or something higher gain? Try drive 8 and volume 6-7

its the bogner 1X12, the settings on insane, alright i'll try that in the AM
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

...dont kill me.
I think you can get by with the drive maxed if you turn the channel volume down to 5 or lower... depends on what sound you want.
If you're not getting enough gain, you should totally just daisy-chain some solid state amps with headphone jacks together. Remember: Need gain? Use a chain!
------
Quote by Normul
You spell things like a jackass
Quote by Morbidyeti
alright the settings are = Drive 10
Bass 6
mid 8
treble 6
Channel Volume 10
Reverb 5
Masters 2
Presence 5

periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Horlicks
10 on insane?!? Are you ****ing kidding me?

I know, that is freakin ridiculous. Someone wants to cover up there mistakes

When I played it on insane with a EC-1000 the highest i took the gain was around 7 and that was with the channel volume around 5 or 6.

I can't imagine what kind of Gain 10 Channel Volume 10 sounds like.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Alright I got it workin right, thanks guys
Quote by Zugunruhe

...dont kill me.