Tuners, pickups, bridge block.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm eventually gonna upgrade mine with SD Hotrails in the bridge, SD Coolrails in the neck, and DiMarzio DP217 YJM in the middle. And I'mma get a Black Pearliod pickguard, cause it'll look tank on a black strat w/ white hardware.
Pickups are the most popular upgrade.

Fender upgraded the tremolo block in 2006, it's more massive and resonant now, for more sustain.

There's nothing you CAN'T swap out on a Fender. They're designed that way. Everything is (relatively) easy to swap and customise.
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
I'm eventually gonna upgrade mine with SD Hotrails in the bridge, SD Coolrails in the neck, and DiMarzio DP217 YJM in the middle. And I'mma get a Black Pearliod pickguard, cause it'll look tank on a black strat w/ white hardware.

I did mine very similar, 'cept mines an american. I put a chrome pickguard on rather than a black one and it looks boss. check it on my profile.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Usualy pickups, sometime tuners...But I personaly, don't like upgrading a guitar unless it's absolutely nessesary. If a pickup dies, then I'll replace it. I like to get a guitar to sound as good as it can without switching out parts. Rewiring with higher gauge wire and tightening loose screws has worked well so far. Everyone now'a days seems to be under the impression that their guitar needs upgraded parts at some point in time, in some cases upgraded parts are warented. I cringe a little when I hear of someone looking for new pickups for their new American standard strat...why buy a thousand dollar guitar to mod when you could have bought a guitar at less than half the price that would have produced the same exact results. Anyway, an MIM strat is a little more reasonable to mod than an MIA, and not everyone feels the way I do. I can't in good conciance suggest any replacement electronics, but a must for any strat style guitar (one with three pickups) is the 7-way mod. All you do is add an spst (On/Off) switch to either the neck pickup, or the bridge pickup to add the two pickup combinations that are missing from the 5-way switch. There are a few ways to do it, an On/off switch, like I've already mentioned, a push/pull pot, or three spst or dpdt switches that swich on each pickup independently. You can buy a kit for the three switch method here http://store.guitarfetish.com/swiki.html and I think this page http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Oct/The_Seven_Sound_Stratocaster.aspx illustrates all three methods. With the exception of the push pull pot, you can buy any parts necesary for this mod at radioshack, or any similar store.
Last edited by david_highland at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by HammettHead
I did mine very similar, 'cept mines an american. I put a chrome pickguard on rather than a black one and it looks boss. check it on my profile.

i also did similar to that except mine has a green PG and looks beast.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Your first mistake was getting a Chinese lady to cut your hair.

Your second mistake was getting someone who doesn't speak English to cut your hair.

Your third mistake was listening to your dicklock parents.