I can turn the actual engine off, but I can't turn the key back far enough for it to shut the battery off. I can't pull my key out of the ignition either. To turn it off, I have to unplug the negative battery terminal.

Is this some kind of easy fix or to I have to take it into a shop to be fixed?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Live in your car.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
sounds like something is hot wired to keep your accessories on which would be a short somewhere

but i just mess around with the key and see if it will come out if not tell someone about it
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
obv coming on the pit and asking is the best thing to do
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
wiggle the steering wheel a few inches when you turn it off. problem solved
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by master
is it in park?

+1. Make sure it's in park.

Happened to me once...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
you daft americans and your automatics. get a manual!.. far safer
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by aaronob
Have you taken it out and driven again since it happened?

Yes I have, a few miles.

Quote by FoolishFool
You know the pit is full of car experts... just take it to a mechanic..

I hate people like you. I was asking if it was something I could fix myself before I had to PAY to have a mechanic fix it.

EDIT: Yes it is in park.
make sure its all the way in park, this happens in my mustang all the time because of the crappy t5 transmission.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Wiggle the god damn wheel!, try it and come back and tell me if it worked.

if it did, a paypal donation of 20.00GBP to email would be nice, please mark it as "gift" to avoid value added tax
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Joe-Fish
Yes I have, a few miles.

Oh. I cant really help then.... sorry.

Sometime it sorta happens to me. It lets me turn the car off but it wont turn all the way for me to take my key out. I have to turn the car back on and move a few inches while turning the wheel around and then I turned it back off and then it lets me twist it all the way to take my key out.
tap the accelerator three times in rapid sucession, spin the wheel in a full 360 degrees in both directions and then try. If it doesnt work, try adding a mixture of calpol/tylenol and methylated spirits to the tank. It solved my problem and now the engine is waaay more fuel efficent
Quote by nick dixon
Wiggle the god damn wheel!, try it and come back and tell me if it worked.

if it did, a paypal donation of 20.00GBP to email would be nice, please mark it as "gift" to avoid value added tax

I did try it, it still didn't help though. I've actually had happen to me a few times where I just had to wiggle the wheel and it worked, but nothing's working now.

I'm sure it's in park too, when i turn it off and put it in any gear, it rolls backwards and stops as soon as I put it back into park.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
tap the accelerator three times in rapid sucession, spin the wheel in a full 360 degrees in both directions and then try. If it doesnt work, try adding a mixture of calpol/tylenol and methylated spirits to the tank. It solved my problem and now the engine is waaay more fuel efficent

I did exactly this, three times. It worked! thanks a lot and thanks to everyone else
Quote by aaciseric
Walk.

The car is already on, the problem is that it won't turn off.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Is it an American car?

If it is don't worry, and just go buy a new one after we bail their asses out and allow them to continue making cheap pieces of ****.

If it's not American, take it to the shop and get it fixed.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
sounds like the ignition to me actually. i would get someone that you know to check that out and see what they think
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
out of ALL the threads ive seen. I never expected to see one like "My Car won't turn off", that made me ****ing LAUGH
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something