Hi,
I asked for some new strings in the shop but now the action is kind of messed up :s
How can I adjust the height of the Edge Pro please?
If anyone got some links to tuturials/guides with photo's, that would be great as well.

The first fret is 0.25mm the 14th is 0.45mm.
I get some weird buzz I didn't have before in the first frets but If I'm gonna raise the strings (once I figured that one out) the action will be even higher on the last frets :O And I'm trying to reduce the height on the last strings so I don't know what to do :s

I read in the manual that my fretboard could be slightly bended as well, I looked at it and it feels as though the middle of the fretboard bends downwards, so the front and end are actually higher than the middle, but that could be me...

Here are some pictures, I don't know if you can do something with it though...
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foto001vs1.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foto003hn2.jpg

Please help me out quick I just bought a Pod Studio UX1 and would like to start recording

EDIT: Read the manual more carefully, pressed the first fret and the 19th, the 8th fret wasn't really elevated so that means there is no bend in the actual fretboard itself...

EDIT2: I think I found out what the real problem is, my tremolo system's height isn't constant :O The part at the thinnest string is lowered deeper into the body than the part at the thickest string :O Any help? :s
< Stop caring, start collecting >
Last edited by Chimeray at Dec 26, 2008,
Another update, I fixed the tremolo issue, both sides are lowered equally now, the angle is just a little bit off but I think I know how to resolve that.

So what about the action? It really feels as though there's a big difference between my first fret and the last ones... a little bit too much :s
There's a bow in your neck, so the action will always be radically different from the first fret to the last. Also, if your figures are right (the 0.25 and 0.45 ones), then you action is insanely low, with half a millimeter at the fourteenth you really should be getting buzz across the board. Also, your pic doesn't seem to back up that measurement.

Looking at my action now, got a fraction of a millimeter at the first, about 1.5 at the twelfth and about 2.5 at the twenty fourth. And by no means does that feel high...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Oops, meant 2,5 and 4,5 mm xD
0,25mm... how in the heck would I be able to measure that? :p
That's more like it. A bit high, admittedly. Your bridge angle seems alright, but it looks like your trem might be sitting a bit high and could be lowered a bit. When I was using an Edge Pro, I had it nearly flush with the body and the action was perfect.

How do you measure, from the string to the fret or from the string to the fingerboard? Did you change the string gauge to heavier strings? When you hold a string at the first and twenty fourth, how much space is between the string and the seventh fret. If it's around 1-1.5mm, then your neck bow is alright. More than that and you might be looking at a truss rod adjustment.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
It's about 1mm or maybe even less than that...
I measure everything from fingerboard to strings
The trem height has been fixed already, it was actually only one side that was lifted o.O The person that handled my guitar at the store musn't have been a real.. erhm, retard :p
I figure running through Jemsite's setup guide steps 1 to 9 might be the best thing for you, if you haven't done so already. Usually at the end of that ordeal your action is spot on, and the guitar practically plays itself.