So guys, I'm thinking about quitting school and going to a music conservatory.
Both of my guitar teachers went, one of them 4 years electric guitar, one 4 years electric and 5 years classic.
You have to take a test where you perform two classic pieces on a classic guitar and one modern pop song as an instrumental or with a singer.

I thought, hey this is pretty cool but now I was bummed out by this.
First, you have to get yourself a good classical guitar. I'm talking like 3000€ and up.
Then a piano (an e-piano is cool too, but not a keyboard) which probably costs another couple thousand.
If I add everything together it's still cheaper than staying at my private school for 4 more years though.

Is this **** always this expensive?

My mom is cool with it but as I see it, my dad would probably have to end up paying most of it. They are divorced and he lives on the other side of the ocean and he wants me to finish school and do something with that.
How can I persuade him?
Quote by Mustaine69
Haha^

life doesnt matter right after you came so just ask him right after that...but be sure to swallow
You could investigate loans or bursaries to help with the costs, is there anything like that where you are?
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Yes, studying at a music conservatory can be very expensive without financial aid. My school is around $33,000 per year not including cost of living. But I have lots of fin aid so I'm only paying around $4,000 per semester.

If you're still in high school, just suck it up and finish it. It's not hard.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Eh, loans are hard to get lately, but you should try for one.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes, studying at a music conservatory can be very expensive without financial aid. My school is around $33,000 per year not including cost of living. But I have lots of fin aid so I'm only paying around $4,000 per semester.

This.

Seriously, high school is the easiest ****. It only get's harder.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Funny, that's not what she said to me. More like the opposite...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Jesus Christ.

How the hell are you paying?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Talk to your dad about it. Don't start thinking about it too much until you know how he actually feels about it
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Well no, I'm quitting school either way this year. I'm either doing an apprenticeship or this.

Quitting school is no big deal here.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Jesus Christ.

How the hell are you paying?

Like I said, financial aid.

Also there are work study programs that I should be able to get into next semester and I won't have to worry about paying for food and other small stuff out of my reserve fund. It's very manageable right now actually.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Like I said, financial aid.

Also there are work study programs that I should be able to get into next semester and I won't have to worry about paying for food and other small stuff out of my reserve fund. It's very manageable right now actually.

What exactly is financial aid, and who's it from?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
What exactly is financial aid, and who's it from?

In the US, financial aid is a combination of money granted to you by both the government and your school. It includes loans which you eventually have to pay back after a certain period, as well as scholarships, which you don't pay back.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
In the US, financial aid is a combination of money granted to you by both the government and your school. It includes loans which you eventually have to pay back after a certain period, as well as scholarships, which you don't pay back.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Well, when you take the loan offers it's a serious contract. If you break the contract you could be seriously screwed later on in life.

Btw, if you live in the US, apply for FAFSA. If you don't, um...I dunno what to tell you.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, when you take the loan offers it's a serious contract. If you break the contract you could be seriously screwed later on in life.

Btw, if you live in the US, apply for FAFSA. If you don't, um...I dunno what to tell you.

Yeah, I don't

I'll just call them and ask about all this stuff...
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

It's going to be very very different where you are.

I live in the UK, my university fees are going to be over 5 times smaller than his, you can only get non-repayable loans if your family is on a very small income, and there are no grants for the arts. (Which is fair enough, it has absolutely no functional use in society, you have to agree with that.)

I'd imagine Austria is more similiar to the UK than the US. Could be very wrong though.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Be extremely careful, and think it all through thoroughly.
If you buy both instruments however don't get in, you're in trouble.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Scholarships!!!

My school offer scholarships and they are worth 30,000! I think its a great way to go if you are worried about the financial weight of tuition on top of getting the instruments.

It would depend on the schools you are looking at?
go to MI bro, thats were im going
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.