i know hes pretty poppy and mainstream usually.
but i cant help but love why, georgia. Neon and alot of his stuff
anyone else love mayer?
Quote by Bennetts_strat
Yesterday a black transvestite in a top hat asked me for a cigarette.

That's London for you eh?

Quote by -O_O-
Not really.

go to youtube and look up bold as love, or neon live in La.

i defy you to tell me he isnt very talented.
Quote by Bennetts_strat
Yesterday a black transvestite in a top hat asked me for a cigarette.

That's London for you eh?

OK TS, cool it with the thread-making.

And for the record, I don't think John Mayer is that good.
Quote by Jake_422

I love John Mayer, but -O_O- ( ) may have a different idea of talented. To each his own.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by Jake_422

Did he say he wasn't talented? Its not his cup of tea.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I don't like his voice that much, but his guitar skills aren't bad. I find his tone to be fairly weird on some tracks.

I love the Riff for Belief though, the solo at Where the Light Is (or w/e it's called) is pretty sweet.

My mum really likes him, so I've got a few albums :P
I like John Mayer, and unlike the majority, I prefer his poppy stuff to his bluesy stuff (which I don't know too well).

I like Clarity, Waiting on the World to Change, and his cover of Free Falling.
He's awesome and so much more creative than any metal guitarist. Yeah i said it, come get me.
He has a pretty good voice, and he's a good guitarist, and not bad looking. But I'm not a fan of him.
OH GOD!!!
HERE COMES THE BANDWAGON!!!....

AGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGHH!!!!!

no but seriously i like him
He's pretty good.. I just get the impression he thinks he's alot better then he is.

Also, he plays nearly every song half a step lower because his little girl fingers cant bend a string more then a semitone
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I'm not a fan of his music or playing but I don't have anything against him. He came to my school a while ago to give a few clinics but I didn't go.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by nick dixon
He's pretty good.. I just get the impression he thinks he's alot better then he is.

Same here
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by nick dixon

Also, he plays nearly every song half a step lower because his little girl fingers cant bend a string more then a semitone

Couldn't that be said about anyone who tunes down? Some people tune way lower than that (ok, they use thicker strings but whatever).

SRV began to tune a half step flat because Hendrix did it.
Henry Garza tunes down because SRV did it.

John Mayer is a big SRV fan, too. Makes for him to tune down.
Quote by sashki
Couldn't that be said about anyone who tunes down? Some people tune way lower than that (ok, they use thicker strings but whatever).

I think SRV tuned down because of the 13's he was using. I doubt he did it because hendrix did it. I don't get why hendrix did it anyway, cause he didn't use heavy strings.
I cant stand him.. way too boring for my liking.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by sashki

Yeah but SRV used 13 gauge on like an inch of action?

Plus... Mayers a douche... /thread
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
He's a good guitarist, but his original songs are crummy.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Total addict for the last 6 months! Not something i'd normally really like either.
All his cheesy stuff good once you get into it haha, his later stuffs great too.
Where the light is, absolutely amazing... can't wait till he comes to the UK like.
Yea, I like him.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Hendrix tuned down because it made it easier to bend, and to sing over.

I just don't agree with the fact that tuning down makes you a douche. Tell that to Tony Iommi, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eddie Van Halen, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads, Slash and pretty much half of all rock guitarists.
Quote by sashki
Hendrix tuned down because it made it easier to bend, and to sing over.

I just don't agree with the fact that tuning down makes you a douche. Tell that to Tony Iommi, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eddie Van Halen, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads, Slash and pretty much half of all rock guitarists.

But none of those guys are idiots?.. Have you ever seen him in interviews and the like?, he's SO in love with himself.

I envy his feel in playing, but his personality just makes me cringe
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Pros: He's a good guitarist, good voice, good looking, has some really good songs.

Cons: He's arrogant, most of his good songs aren't on the radio.

Overall I like him.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I love his music and find him to be a very talented guitarist. I love the Where the Light Is DVD!

Yes, he is an extremely arrogant bastard but that doesn't deter me from loving his music.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
I prefer it when he does jam sessions with other artists. Great guitarist, but his music sucks ass.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by nick dixon
But none of those guys are idiots?.. Have you ever seen him in interviews and the like?, he's SO in love with himself.

I envy his feel in playing, but his personality just makes me cringe

Yea all that self depricating humor must mean hes really in love with himself
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

i love John Mayer. I bought a guitar b/c I wanted to be just like him and I still do.

Have you seen the girls he bangs? Yeah, that's what I want.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com