Is it normal for it to be quite difficult,or should I say slow,for newbies to read chord notation.I do pretty good with reading single notes but the chords I really have to study and work on where alll those fingers go .I've been playing(lessons ) for 7 months.
like, if you see G on a music sheet it takes you longer to recognize what to play? or just seeing more than one note at a time?

if its the latter (or either really) the best thing to do is to read the entire song, know what chords youre going to have to play, and set it to memory when to play them. it helps if you know which chords are used, then you only have to see the bass note to recognize it most of the time.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
That's not too bad really. Learn some barre voicings and work out which notes are the roots. That way, you have movable shapes that you can find just by using a root instead of trying to find all the chord degrees at once, which is pretty insane once you get into big huge 13th chords and whatnot.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean the chord names written out or like, a staff with 4 or 5 notes on it?
After a while you will remember them just by looking, and you will learn what positions are best to use for each chord.
I do know most of the chords I'm playing,but sometimes more notes are added or taken away and you need to play just what is read.
Just the fact you can read single notes means your miles ahead of beginner and even some intermediate guitar players in that aspect obviously. If you can recognize inversions of chords by site then it helps a lot. Also you should work on being able to spell out the notes in the chord so if you see one written out in notation you can make the connection.
12 fret fury
I can do this but VERY slowly....I guess I am overanxious to "get"it.
Quote by Punk Poser
Just the fact you can read single notes means your miles ahead of beginner and even some intermediate guitar players in that aspect obviously. If you can recognize inversions of chords by site then it helps a lot. Also you should work on being able to spell out the notes in the chord so if you see one written out in notation you can make the connection.

+1

playing music by looking at it is by far the most difficult thing i've found for guitar. i recommend initially getting sheet music for a song you know and looking at the sheet music and playing what you know. this will start the process of making the connection in your brain between whats written on paper and what your hands are doing. move on to some simple songs that you don't know after you've done this with a couple songs you do know and just work your way up from there. im not awesome at reading sheet music but i can do it (with a little time) and this is how i started learning. i still take my guitar with me everywhere and whenever i see some sheet music i try to play it
Ya, for a new player i wouldnt even expect that.

Ive been reading music my entire life with various instruments, and every time i get a new piece i always look at the chords, take my handy fingerboard stamp, and draw in the symbol, and after a while i have it memorized.
That makes me feel better,thanks so much!I'm usually too hard on myself!!