Hey guys, I've been on this forum a few times to see other people's opinions on things, but I finally decided to join to ask some questions.

I'm after a 7 string guitar. Mainly because I love Dream Theater, and love playing their songs. My only problem is cash. I have a maximum budget of 200GBP, and don't mind buying second hand. My problem is finding anything.
What do y'all think of this? :
TOP 7-STRING GUITAR - NECK THRU CONSTRUCTION on eBay, also Other Electric Guitars, Electric, Guitars, Musical Instruments (end time 01-Jan-09 20:31:41 GMT)

I've been looking at it for a while. It certainly looks nice. Specs seem decent enough. I really want a 7 string with a FR, which I think is why I'm struggling to find one in my price range. I've seen the odd RG7420 around, which I'd buy if I could find one at a time when I have money. There's one on Ebay atm, but several people seem to be having a bit of a bidding war on it.

I was simply wondering, have any of you guys had any experience with these guitars, or any made by the same company? Or even know anyone else who has one? Any help whatsoever would be fantastic.
u cam buy the ibanez rg 7 string for $380 ive found it for $220 on ebay too
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") He lost his ears to a pyrotechnics display
Please buy him new ears

Boats and Hos!
My problem is, if it's in the states, it's gonna cost me a lot more for postage. Is that on American ebay?
The only RG7321s I've seen have been fixed bridged. Can you get versions with a floyd?
Does it have to be by Ibanez?
I have a Schecter; they make the Damien 7, but I'm not sure if it has a trem bar. In the states, it goes for $400 or $450 new. I'm pretty sure you can find a used one around £200.
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
No, doesn't have to be ibanez at all =)
There's an A-7 diamond series Schecter on American ebay for $300. Looks nice and stuff. No FR though.
Quote by Bonceyrogs
The only RG7321s I've seen have been fixed bridged. Can you get versions with a floyd?

You really don't want something that cheap with a Floyd; the metals are pretty dodgy, and will wear down with quite a bit of use. You can't replace them like that either, because some companys drill holes differently so you can't fit a OFR in there.

If ya get me.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah the rg7321 is by far the best 7 string for the price, but if your looking for a FR, then the next ibanez with one is one of the s series models(dont remember the exact model number) for about 600 which is around the same price for a schecter with the floyd also. Personally ive owned both a schecter and ibanez 7 string, and I like the ibanez better, mainly because of playability. To me the schecter's neck is to thick and too wide, and if your not used to a 7 then it might make things more difficult.
Keep the adults busy, keep the children confused
Eight to twelve years, new laborers for the mines
For they shall be worked!
For they shall be worked! -
Kill the Client/Cleptocracy
I have an Ibanez S470DXQM, and love the ZR tremelo system. My problem is it's a bit out of my price range. Otherwise, that'd be great. But I don't want a fixed bridge. And Withy the amount of cash I've got, I dont expect it to last forever.
Quote by Bonceyrogs
... I'm after a 7 string guitar. Mainly because I love Dream Theater, and love playing their songs. My only problem is cash. I have a maximum budget of 200GBP, and don't mind buying second hand. My problem is finding anything. ...
You'll have to be extremely patient and lucky to snag one with a decent tremolo (LoPro or ZR or OFR7) there in the UK.

Here in the land of hot chicks and inexpensive guitars, the best deal I've had for an Ibanez RG7620 (LoPro) with a Universe case was $350. Then there's the ss.org member who got the RG7620MH (only 24 made) for $350.

Post here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599065 Some UK members might be unloading or planning to unload one.

Good Luck!

^ Listen to him he knows what hes talking about. You're gunna have to up your budget a bit to get anything decent really. If I was you, Id go for the RG7321 and do without a floyd for now. They have good resale value of you dont like it, and if you do, you can buy a better one later with a floyd.
I've been looking for cheap 7strings and now that i found this post i looked up the Schecter Damien 7 which is only $380!!! (usually $450)what you guys say? JUST BUY IT?!?!?!?

Or Ibanez RG7321 for $340?

I can afford either one, I love schecter but mainly cause of the look (sorry!) but idk anything about the quality of neither.

PLEASE HELP ME!
Last edited by Pabli7o at Dec 26, 2008,