i dont know if this has been said before, and i dont know where else to put it. ive been listening to joe bonamassa for a while and love his song bridge to better days and i heard a deep purple song today which i think was called perfect strangers. there is a riff at the end of bridge to better days which sound the same as a riff in the deep purple song. did joe steal it? D:
It was probably a pentatonic riff of some kind and thousands of blues song have pentatonic licks in them so it probably wasnt on purpose.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
No it wasnt stolen, Joe often puts his own slant on famous riffs and solos. You should listen too dazed and confused at the end of 'Just Got Paid' on his latest album 'Live from Nowhere in Particular'. I have been following Joe for years and is without doubt the best live performer out there (I have seen most). His concerts are amazing and sound is perfect. He also does a lot to bring Blues to a wide audience. He has also just sold out the Royal Albert Hall, not bad considering most people still say 'Joe who?'
If you can get tickets for the RAH show it will be an amazing night, gigs like this are very rare.

Quote by Runt2608
i dont know if this has been said before, and i dont know where else to put it. ive been listening to joe bonamassa for a while and love his song bridge to better days and i heard a deep purple song today which i think was called perfect strangers. there is a riff at the end of bridge to better days which sound the same as a riff in the deep purple song. did joe steal it? D:
yh i got royal albert hall tickets . i wasnt insulting him, i just didnt get why they were the same :/