I love this song,
got a brand new crate BLue Voodo Head with a 4x12 cabinet, so i decided to use it and cover something

tell me about the tone,
the last solos i all improvised, as i learned all of them by ear, so yea

anyways
crit4crit
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Guitarplaya27/
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
It could be recorded a bit better. But considering the quality, the tone is actually pretty decent (through laptop speakers anyways, that might have an effect on it), maybe use mroe gain for the distorted parts? Those pinch harmonics sound really weak. Maybe also, try a bit of chorus on the clean parts, that might make it sound a bit cooler.

You play a couple of bits wrong, but I understand that tone was probably your main focus here, instead of spot-on playing.

I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
It could be recorded a bit better. But considering the quality, the tone is actually pretty decent (through laptop speakers anyways, that might have an effect on it), maybe use mroe gain for the distorted parts? Those pinch harmonics sound really weak. Maybe also, try a bit of chorus on the clean parts, that might make it sound a bit cooler.

You play a couple of bits wrong, but I understand that tone was probably your main focus here, instead of spot-on playing.

Exactly my main man,

the gain is all the way up, i have been messing around with the mids and presence,
maybe more presence?
and yea the pinches dont have the same essence they did on the solid state speaker, im thinking about getting a compression sustainer to boost them,
but thanks, and laptop recordign speakers are worse
thanks man
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27
Exactly my main man,

the gain is all the way up, i have been messing around with the mids and presence,
maybe more presence?
and yea the pinches dont have the same essence they did on the solid state speaker, im thinking about getting a compression sustainer to boost them,
but thanks, and laptop recordign speakers are worse
thanks man

Yeah, EQ does affect pinches quite a bit.
Just twiddle around with it a bit (it's probably just a little bit out, they sounded like strong at first but didn't sustain, which lead me to think it was gain, but if that's all the way up - It's almost certainly EQ) untill you find a good tone with a good strong harmonic sound.

A compression-sustainer would probably be the best option, that plus some fiddling with the EQ and you'd have a great tone.

I just had a listen through my Mp3 speakers, they're not the greatest (They're 234892348972308427304234 times better than laptop speakers) but it does sound pretty awesome.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
Yeah, EQ does affect pinches quite a bit.
Just twiddle around with it a bit (it's probably just a little bit out, they sounded like strong at first but didn't sustain, which lead me to think it was gain, but if that's all the way up - It's almost certainly EQ) untill you find a good tone with a good strong harmonic sound.

A compression-sustainer would probably be the best option, that plus some fiddling with the EQ and you'd have a great tone.

I just had a listen through my Mp3 speakers, they're not the greatest (They're 234892348972308427304234 times better than laptop speakers) but it does sound pretty awesome.

Thanks man, i will do that,
always nice to find helpful people on UG.
my fav part is that harmony, man it came out better than expected
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I thought you put a very interesting personal touch in there by not completely copying the song. Even though the pinch harmonics weren't the most audible, they certainly added a personal element. Well done!

The only things to improve on is your timing at points, and your recording gear. Good cover!