So I'm searching through pedals to buy for my guitar, and... I'm just wondering- do they sell pedals that allow a player to drop-tune without actually loosening the tension of the strings? Like, something that takes the sound while going through an effects chain and drops it down (like an octave pedal except for half/whole steps instead of full octaves) before it hits the amp? If so, could someone give me a link to it? That would be sweet, thanks.
P.S. I know I already made a thread about pedals, but I can't find it, so I'm forced to start this thread.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
The DigiTech Whammy can do it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Oh cool, thanks.
Are there any others?
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
does that work with a bass, or is there a version for bass?
I do this all the time with a G Major. Not a pedal, per se, but it's easy enough to set up a floor controller for it, and the sound quality is way better than what I used to get with a Whammy. I have one preset that shifts a whole step down, and one preset that shifts a half step up. What's cool is that you can shift in any increment (including microtones) up or down by as much as 2 octaves.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
The G Major would probably give you better sound quality, yeah. I've never used one though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Halakar
does that work with a bass, or is there a version for bass?

There is but they are pretty rare and usually go for around 700. I have seen people use a digitech whammy with a bass before though.