So I've been thinking about getting an Agile guitar from Rondomusic.com

I've heard tons of people saying "man it's better than a gibson, fender American Stratocastor or banging Jessica Alba!"

But I find it hard to believe that a 230 $ guitar is up to par with the high industry standards, and if they're so great, how come I have never seen a professional guitarist with one of their guitars?

I need serious answers, how good are Agile guitars?
Quote by CoreysMonster
or banging Jessica Alba!"(not that good)

how good are Agile guitars?

a $400 Agile LP is about as good as a $800 Epi LP
they are not a major name brand, based in korea, and they are one of the companies licensed to make Epiphone guitars for Gibson
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I'm also looking to get one tbh.

Dont be swayed by the pricing, as far as i know they are all, well not all, but most are made in large factories in korea that also produce mainstream product guitar's, such as ibanez, Epi, fender, gibson etc etc.

The diffrence between the prices on rondo music and say ibanez is that rondo music is a small shop with very little over head, they can select a batch of guitar's and have them delivered for very little, then they sell them on.

Where as with the larger corporation's, you have a huge heirachy of people who need paying, from the worker's in the factory all the way upto the CEO of the company and there will be a large group of people who will be on quite high wages in the heirachy, hence they need to sell their products at steeper prices to compensate for all this background activity that goes on, also sponsoring guitarist's isnt cheap, that's the reason why most of the sig model's are just insanely priced, not becuase the materials, but becuase of all the money that has to be payed out to the artist.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Best bet is to ask some US guys; us Europeans (and rest of the world that ain't US) have got it tough when it comes to Agile guitars.

From what I can tell, they seem to respond to lots of customer requests; they've been making a heck load of 7 stringers! (And boy, do I want that maple fretboarded one )
i have a Agile AL-3100 CSB and man i was not disappointed. Mine was near perfect. If you can wait id get an agile AL-4000. they have been gone for awhile but if you wait to get one i hear they are just as good, if not better than gibsons. Go for it, and you wont be disappointed
Quote by Mwoit
Best bet is to ask some US guys; us Europeans (and rest of the world that ain't US) have got it tough when it comes to Agile guitars.

From what I can tell, they seem to respond to lots of customer requests; they've been making a heck load of 7 stringers! (And boy, do I want that maple fretboarded one )

they even made a batch of 8-strings on request from that 7 string guitar forum, whose name I constantly forget.
Quote by CoreysMonster
they even made a batch of 8-strings on request from that 7 string guitar forum, whose name I constantly forget.

sevenstring.com?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Mwoit

You can get them shipped to Europe, if you ask politely. Shipping is about €80,- though (I've checked), and you'll have to pay for any added taxes...

And for the thread; I've heard those stories about 'better than Fender/Gibson', and while I doubt that, I do believe they can be really good guitars. I've heard nothing but praise in general for the LP-copies, and the fact that they're from a factory that builds higher end Epi's, LTD's and Ibanez (I think?) guitars, gives you a pretty good guess.

I've been really drooling over those green seven stringers they offer.

Edit: Also, there's this Agile thread that 's completely dedicated to them, look around.
Last edited by Y00p at Dec 26, 2008,
Quote by Mwoit
sevenstring.org ya mean?

...shut up...
Speaking of seven strings, that's next on my "to buy" list.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have the Agile V with 7 strings. The overall comment of it being better than Gibson, Fender, Ibanez isn't true. My Elitist easily owns the LP, and I'd imagine higher Gibsons to do the same, but for the price, they don't give you any crap. They hand out solid instruments that you can depend on for gigging. They aren't top of the line, but you could consider them high quality. Any more questions, feel free to PM.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Im going to be a owner of a 7 and an 8 string. but its not better than jessica alba humpin. The dark angel is my baby girl haha