ok i'm sure this is like an age old question but still. I wanna get new pups and these are the two sets i've been looking at. the 81/85s have been my lust for a long time, and they are FINALLY on sale at MF. But i've also heard good things bout the blackouts. The EMGs are used by more of my influences, like metallica and Zakk Wylde i just have no way of trying these out so i wanted to get some ppls experiences with them.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
I have to say the EMGs absolutely own the Blackouts in terms of rhythm playing though I do have a preference for the SD's soloing tone. Overall, the EMGs are better value as they're cheaper (I think), are generally better for what you want to play and, in my experience, have much nicer cleans than the Blackouts.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
most ppl will argue and say that blackouts sound more organic while EMGs are sterile and yea they are on clean settings but EMGs do go good for hard rock to metal but if you want something more versatile stay with some high output passives. or maybe you should try to find a guitar with emgs and one with blackouts see which one you like more but if you amp is crap, pickups wont do anything about your tone
my guitar needs some work, and i was just gonna have new pups put in while i was at it. I'll prolly go with the EMGs even tho they are a little more money.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
It's really not worth bothering with active pickups until you've got shot of that MG, you'd just be wasting your money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com